Need a ideas to help with an essay

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatshows, Feb 17, 2009.

1. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    Hi all,
    I am writing an essay for my American govt class. I am writing it on a zoning by-law in my town. The zoning by law states under 5 acres of land you can not own any livestalk/ poultry. Without getting a 250$ permit. I need some more ideas that says yes it should be llegal to own livestalk/poultry under 5 acres of land.

Any ideas?

Here is what I have so far:

it will benefit the community in many ways. help bring strong bonds in the community. Neighbors will become great friends and help each other when help is needed. help support local economies. Children will learn the facts of life

Any ideas;suggestions?
    I thought the best people to ask would be all of you seeing we all own goats/livesalk.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Here in Coeur d'Alene Idaho, a person can have livestock in the middle of the city as long as neighbors don't complain. There are lots that are only 1/2 acre with chickens and goats.

Health benifits for children and adults

insect control (chickens)

decreased landfill surplus (clippings and tree limbs)

decreased stress (proven that people with animals are less stressed)

I will try to think of more.

3. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    oh good ideas thanks

keep them coming!!!

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Self-employment and maybe employment of others, even if only part time.

Farm fresh products.

Products with less pesticides or even organic.

I'll keep thinking too!

5. turtlebutte goats

turtlebutte goats New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Here in South Dakota, the amount of revenue (ie-real estate taxes) is based on the land, and would therefore increase if there were improvements on the land such as a barn. So if I owned 5 acres of land without a barn my taxes may be for $150.00, however, if my neighbor owned 5 acres of land with a large barn, his taxes could be $500.00. So a benefit would be increased revenue to the local government.