need a little help

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Coraxfeather, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Well soon I will need a barn name to put on the sheets when i will reg my goats. For some reason I have been trying to come up with one and i can not my mind just won't work. I also have a foal comen soon and I also need a barn name that will work for that. All know my goats are Silver Dollar Pancakes (Pani) and Dude Drope Inn (Dude). I also have furture names picked out for my little ones to come (Waffles, French Toaste and Donut). No surpe way to sticky in the fur. I want something off the wall a bit that will catch peoples attection.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    terrible in the name front but thought I would bump this up to the attention of those who are better then I

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    The only ones I can think of are Pani's Farm or Inap Farm (which is Pani backwards). I have a guy like Pani, his name is Gizmo, I must post his story here one day but long story short like you he is my baby, he was my first goatie and when I got into registered goats I tried to figure out some way of incorporating his name into my herd name (which didnt end up happening cos everything I came up with wasnt that great).

I suck at this sort of thing. I can think up goatie names, sure, but not herd names. Took me ages to come up with mine.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well let see. What is the name of the street you live on? Like I live on Sweet road. So that is how we goat sweet goats. I had a friend that lived on Ever Green Rd. So it was Ever Grenn Farms. But it has to be the right road name.

Also what about you and the family initials? Town you live in.

5. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    We put part of my husband and part of my name together with the name of our first dog and got our farm name.

6. tat2edlady

tat2edlady Guest

Jan 18, 2009
    I named my farm Small creek farm /Udders and Peeps and my herd name is boggles the mind because I had a very hard time coming up with it.I have Naked Neck chickens and ND herd of 4.

7. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    How about

Breakfast Farm
    Breakfast Buffet Farm
    Short Order Farm

All would work with Acres too.

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I like the suggestion of Inap Cute and short. remember that with whatever herd name you choose to put in front of yorur goats name the bigger it is the shorter names you can put there. they only allow thirty charecters including spaces and !'s or anything like that.
    beth

9. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    A little tired again I am on goatie baby watch we hav eour last two does going to pop anytime right now.

Keren thanks. I like Pani's Farm or Inap Farm. Now have to choose between the two of them.

Right now I am renting a bit of space from my boss to start my own little herd of goats. Looking into getting a farm of my own. I will also being usen this farm name on my foal to come.

So what do you all think??

Either Pani's Farm or Inap Farm

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Actually I kinda like Inap Acres, but Inap Farm works as well :wink:

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you use Pani's farm it kind of doesnt fit with everything Inap is more original and you can have it

Inap Farm but have your herd name just Inap so that names would be
    Example:
    Inap Silver Dollar Pancakes
    Inap Dude Drope Inn

otherwise herd name would be

Pani's Farm Silver Dollar Pancakes
    or
    Pani's Silver Dollar Pancakes

Obviously you cant register Pancakes or Dude but just using their names as example.

A farm name can be anything you want but think of how it can be easily turned into a herd name to make life easier - one name for everything.

Farm Name: End of the Line Farm
    Herd name: End of the Line

12. lorna

lorna Guest

May 12, 2008
    i have no experiance in this but I think it would be cute to play off "Roscoes Chicken and waffles"

Maybe "Pani's Chicken and Goats"

Or " Chick 'n Cakes Ranch"

or even "Breakfast Farms" or "Farm Breakfast Acres"

or "The Chick and Goat Diner"

I guess I lean towards the catchy names!

I would suggest checking for web domain before you pick, it will become even more important as time goes along. In fact i have and would suggest registering any and all names you might use, and verations. It only costs 8 bucks a year at hostway and you can have it forwarded to any site.

Hope this helps a little!

Lorna Leslie
    www.minkadink.com
    www.minkadinkscarves.com (for example) :thumbup:

If you have any interest i could come up with more

13. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Aculty Dude can be regged. He is a Mini Fainten Goat and my boss is going to get the papers in for me. Doc Holiday and his mother Penny are both regged goats.

I am leaning too Inap Farm. I have my baby boy's (Pani) name in there and it will fit with everything that I am planning to do.

I am planning to get into raisen and breeden Mini Fainten Goats.

Next year my boss and I am going to be getting into shown Fainten Goats. The show quailty goat that I will be show will be the first bottle baby that I helped raised here on the farm Her name is Mystry aka Missey She is a pulled black and white little girl. With the banana ears and all!

14. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

OH I really like the Short Order Farm suggestion!
    you can register your herd name as SOF -that way it will give you plenty of spaces for names.

When I think of breakfast I think of Maple Syrup

What about Maple Acres - Sweet Maple Farm (SMF)- Maple Morning Farm (MMF?)

15. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Interstign name.

Going to run these by the hubby and see what he thinks.

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    alot of good suggestions there.....let us know what ya pick.... :wink:

17. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    AND THE WINNER IS

Inap Farm

Thank you Keren so much. Even my hubby likes it *great big huggles*