Need a little help.

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Crissa, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Okay, the guy I keep my horse with is selling his place. (it's not selling anytime soon, he's got it about 111,000 dollars overpriced, maybe more) well his water isn't working, and there are THREE horses up there that need water, including mine! (there's enough for about a week) I've got a place I'm going to put her on in a couple months, or whenever he actually sells the place, whichever comes first, but it doesn't have water either. So I was wondering if you guys knew of a good way to haul a large amount of water? I can't even get ahold of the guy to ask him about it, because I'd be willing to help him pay for the water at least. :hair:

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    fill plastic barrels with water and haul them up there :shrug:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yeah, you could get big plastic barrels, horse troughs, or even take an inflatable pool and put it in the back of a pickup, fill it half way up and then drain it into the troughs for the horses, just make sure it can't swish out ont the way there, I believe you could get a ticket for that if you get pulled over. :shrug:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    My husband took garbage cans and put a spicket on the bottom edge of the can. I can fill it up, put the lid on it, then drive it to the horse pen, open the spicket and fill up the horse water!

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    kelebek thats a great idea! it would also work with trash bags, just fill up and poke a holr the let the water out...though it could only be used once

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Kelebek that's a great idea! Can I get a picture so I can show it to my dad?