Nigerian dwarf goat· Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! I need a goat milk lotion and a goat milk yogurt recipe and yogurt making supplies. But I want yall to know I am going to try to sell these products, so if y'all made this recipe yourself, I am going to have to tweak it a bit so i am not completely making a profit off of your recipe. I tried to make a lotion but the oils and the milk separated. It was weird... Here is the recipe i tried
- 10.2 Oz Distilled Water
- 10.2 Oz Raw Goat Milk (you can use frozen milk, just let it thaw)
- 1.2 Oz Emulsifying Wax
- 3.5 Oz Oils (below is what I use)
- 2.7 Oz Coconut Oil
- .8 Oz Almond Oil
- 1.2 Oz Shea Butter
- .3 Oz Optiphen (a preservative that keeps mold and other yuck from growing)
- .2 Oz Essential Oils
- Combine coconut oil, almond oil, and shea butter in your pot. Heat them until just melted.
- Add the emulsifying wax to the melted oil mixture and heat everything until the wax melts.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Combine the oil and wax mixture with milk and water. Blend everything with the immersion blender for 4-5 minutes until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add optiphen and your essential oils, blend for 1 additional minute. The mixture will thin back out at this point, that's okay.
- Pour mixture into the containers of your choice and allow to cool. The mixture will thicken back up at room temp