The Goat Spot Forum banner

Need a lotion and yogurt recipe!

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Nigerian dwarf goat 
#1 ·
Hey y'all! I need a goat milk lotion and a goat milk yogurt recipe and yogurt making supplies. But I want yall to know I am going to try to sell these products, so if y'all made this recipe yourself, I am going to have to tweak it a bit so i am not completely making a profit off of your recipe. I tried to make a lotion but the oils and the milk separated. It was weird... Here is the recipe i tried
  • 10.2 Oz Distilled Water
  • 10.2 Oz Raw Goat Milk (you can use frozen milk, just let it thaw)
  • 1.2 Oz Emulsifying Wax
  • 3.5 Oz Oils (below is what I use)
    • 2.7 Oz Coconut Oil
    • .8 Oz Almond Oil
  • 1.2 Oz Shea Butter
  • .3 Oz Optiphen (a preservative that keeps mold and other yuck from growing)
  • .2 Oz Essential Oils
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. Combine coconut oil, almond oil, and shea butter in your pot. Heat them until just melted.
  2. Add the emulsifying wax to the melted oil mixture and heat everything until the wax melts.
  3. Remove pot from heat.
  4. Combine the oil and wax mixture with milk and water. Blend everything with the immersion blender for 4-5 minutes until mixture is slightly thickened.
  5. Add optiphen and your essential oils, blend for 1 additional minute. The mixture will thin back out at this point, that's okay.
  6. Pour mixture into the containers of your choice and allow to cool. The mixture will thicken back up at room temp
I also need yogurt recipes and i need links to supplies i am going to need to make yogurt

See less See more
Discussion starter · #11 ·
Discussion starter · #15 ·
Thank you! The recipe turned out great! I am headed up to Illinois tomorrow and will be gone for a week to visit my grandma, uncle, aunt, cousins, and my half brother and sister :gottago:, and i plan to give my grandma some lotion, because she LOVES the soap I make, and always sends me essential oils she wants in the soap (I dont even ask her to, she just gets bored i guess!) :p and of curse I will make a special batch just for her , and send her a few free bars (like 6 bars, so a little less than half the batch!) so i will be getting more EOs in the mail for lotion! Next is yogurt! :D (woot)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.