Need a state.......

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Jun 2, 2009.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Don't ask why, I'm working on a project and hopefully everybody will like it if I ever finish it :greengrin: I'm not going to tell you what I'm doing since that will give it away, but I need a state. Since I've done very limited traveling I'm coming on here and asking. State needs to have good hiking with somewhat mountainous terrain and natural streams, creeks, etc, and nothing too southern. State also has to have somewhat of a good assortment of small towns.

So basically please just describe to me what your state is like :)

Thanks for your help :)
  2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

How about Virginia? You cant beat those blue ridge mountains and the shenandoah valley.
    Ive been there a few times and its just breathtaking! :love:

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I was thinking about Virginia since I've been to NC, it is pretty country down there :)
  4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    HEHEHE - Idaho!!!!!!!!!
  5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH it is Colorado.

We have the beautiful breathing Rockey Mountain,s and some of the nices small towns and streams all over the place.

Estes Park CO has it all, the Rockey Mountains, small towns and streams all over the place.
  6. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    West Virginia! Not too south, not too north, LOTS of little towns, miles and miles of hiking, biking, riding trails. Many state parks, lots of forrested areas, and the people are friendly - so any of your questions will be answered.
  7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Thanks for the replies! I'll start looking up those states on Wikipedia later :)
  8. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    It's Washington!!!
    Sailing & snowboarding & farming,all within afew hours of each other.
    We have the Olympic mountains & the Cascades. Lots of islands & small towns as well as big ol Seattle. Downtown is the famous Pike Place Market.
    Lots of hiking & biking too.
  9. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Have fun in the state that you choose! Texas will welcome you! C'mon down and visit.
  10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Nothing like a drive over the Laurel Mountains of SW PA!
    Amish country to the NW and the Old Dutch to the East
    Awesome cricks and clear rivers....The Ligonier/Latrobe/ Derry area is where I spent alot of my childhood, my dad would take us "swimming" in one of the many cricks around Kingston, and picking morels in the Spring.
  11. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    I like Idaho, Colorado, and Pennsylvania/Ohio mainly because of the Amish though. I've only been to Idaho and Colorado out of those 4 though. Both Idaho and Colorado have beautiful forested scenery and mountains to(although on that one Colorado beats Idaho in my opinion).
  12. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Welp, I guess that leaves out Arizona then. Probably way to south for you. There's Flagstaff, it is beautiful in the summer, the painted rocks of Sedona, Rimrock has the montezuma well, and Camp Verde has the cliff castle...
  13. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Michigan is quite diverse...we've got the Great Lakes, sand dunes, mountains, pictured rocks, tons of inland lakes, streams, rivers, and waterfalls. There are many hiking trails including trails that lead all the way across the state from lakes Huron to Michigan. Every year there are "shore to shore" trail rides where people ride their horses all the way across the state. Oh, and there's tons of small towns...especially in the upper peninsula.
  14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Im gonna have to agree with nancy on this one. washington has some very diverse hiking areas...i could go on for hours just listing hikes i have done in western washington. We hvae island and inlets state parks that take up entire islands, lakes streams puget sound mountains a rain forest.....
    i can go on...
  15. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    and on and on and on..... :thumb: Washington for sure! I will never move from here, ever!
  16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'm going to say Oregon or Washington. The smaller coastal towns are really nice. Lots of hiking and mountainous terrain. I love Oregon!! :greengrin:
  17. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Oh you guys are making me so jealous! I miss the North West!

I want my mommy!
  18. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Ugh, Washington and the northwest would be perfect but I can't do it for reasons I"m not going to say :doh:

Thanks for the ideas everybody!! :greengrin: :hug:
  19. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    He he, I know, too far away!
  20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Not even close :) :shades: