Need a weekend off from Milking?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by mikehenrymilker, Nov 1, 2010.

1. mikehenrymilker

mikehenrymilker New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    I do love my goats and chickens and horses and dogs and cats and all of my critters. There are many friends who can stay at my little farm and take care of all of the chores except the milking of the goats. Finally, with my new little gadget , I can leave and have anyone milk while I'm gone. Take a look
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RGyqsWL434"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RGyqsWL434[/ame]

2. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Can't wait to hear opinions on this one...

3. Saanens N Alpines

Saanens N Alpines New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Southern MI
    Doesn't work! I made the mistake of buying one to find out!

4. wow really I was getting kind of excited, :sigh: What didn't work for you? I mean was it just certain componants, or just the whole thing period?

5. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Are we allowed to advertise on the main boards? Just curious.

Also, this is pretty much the same thing as the Maddigan's Milker. Only more expensive.

Plus the constant suction is terrible for teats. It can and will cause bleeding into the milk. I've seen it first hand.

6. Saanens N Alpines

Saanens N Alpines New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Southern MI
    It got about 1/4 cup (at the most) of milk out of the udder and then it would stop working. We used it exactly as directed. We tried it a few times, always with the same results, and gave up.

7. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I did a topic about this product late this past winter/early spring on this forum also. I never did end up personally buying it because I heard more negatives than positives.

8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    i made my own mggidan milker...its simple to make and works well

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I bought an EZ milker works ok but you have to hand milk after the pressure is out of the teat. I plan to buy a milk machine come spring. Im going to start saving my tip money :)

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I just trained someone to milk so when i was gone they could milk for me.. better for the goats, better for my wallet

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I have a friend with one, works great, but I can milk faster by hand.