Need advice, I just can't figure it out

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by goathappy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Some of you may remember my thread, "Buckling stretching out, hasn't peed" Well ever since then we have been having constant trouble with him. He will seem alright then every week or two he'll get really bad, he'll stand off by himself, he'll stand over the water, stretch out. His eyes aren't the brightest either. He is UTD on worming, so that shouldn't be any problem, he doesn't act like he wants to eat that much, hay or grain. All the other kids in the pen are fine. Does anybody have any ideas? Just fyi, he is a wether now. Every time this happens we given him nettle tea a couple times a day and he comes out of it.

I wish I knew what was wrong, I feel so bad about him :sigh:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I would wonder about his kidneys being able to flush toxins out of his body. Tea is a diaretic (sp??) I would personally get a blood test done when he starts to go down and before you give him any tea to try and see what is going on.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Was UC eliminated from consideration? It sounds like an intermittant blockage.

4. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Is it possible that it is chronic UC? I believe it is possible although I have not dealt with it myself.

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I don't think it could be UC, he pees fine and he poops. Its certain times of the month and he just gets off, I can't figure it out.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Honestly- I would do the blood panel when he starts to go down again - if it was me.