The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have 9 goats and one lamb. Coccida has run through a few of my goats and now i see.my lamb has a mucky butt. Ive never treated a sheep before i have injectable sulfamed 40% and Corid on hand. The corid i used on my goats just wasnt sure if the dosage n all would be same for sheep? Has anyone used sulfamed to treat it in a lamb before (6 mo old.). Hes not very tame so trying to think of my best option here..

·
Super Moderator
32,242 Posts
Either choice is used with sheep. I would prefer the sulfa drug to Corid is hopes to avoid polio. There is no information on doses really..so if the lamb was mine I do a goat dose of the sulfa drug. 1 cc per 5 pounds day one and 1 cc per 10 pounds day 2 thru 5. This being done orally. Maybe someone else has sheep dosage available. Follow up with 3 to 5 days probiotics.

Reactions: Hounddog23

·
Super Moderator
32,242 Posts
If you go with Corid..don't do b complex. It works against the effectiveness of the corid. Keep it handy though and if you see any neurological issues..stop corid and give 500 mg worth of thiamine. So if your b complex has 100mg thiamine in it..give him 5 cc..every 4 hours for a full 24 hours of back to 100% normal..then ween off over a weeks time.
Follow the dilution and dosing Info found in a punned post in this forum up top.

Reactions: Hounddog23

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well ive been doing corid. Drenching him all day with electrolytes. He passed away though. I tried but it seemed he didnt have much fight in him i fought for him as much as possible.

·
Super Moderator
32,242 Posts
Oh gosh..I'm sorry you lost him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts