The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my little 7-week-old doelings has had diarrhea for 4 days now. She doesn't act like she is in distress or uncomfortable, and she's still eating. But she's had this green very runny poo. She had 1 week of dimethox for cocci prevention when she was 4 weeks old, and then my Baycox came in the mail this week, so she had a dose of that 2 days ago. Today I gave her probios, pepto, and a fortified B12 injection. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any other good ideas for getting rid of scours? I'm not sure what else to try. I kind of doubt it's something she's eating because she gets the same feed as all the other babies, plus her mom's milk. :confused:

·
Registered
30,204 Posts
green poop usually means a dietary issue...too much graze or grain...being so young I might suspect bacterial diarrah...neomycin is helpful in clearing that up : ) Pepto to sooth and dry the bum..B complex to booste her system and cd antitoxin to keep toxins from building while she fights this...best wishes

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much Cathy!

I think maybe she's a little better today after I gave her the probios, B12, and pepto last night before bed. Hopefully, she'll continue to get better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts