Need camera advice

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I have a Canon S3IS and I absolutely love it. But I can't take it with me all the time because of its size. I'm still going to keep this camera, but I'm in the market for a small point and shoot camera that I can just put in my purse and just have it with me all the time. I'm looking at some nice Canon ELPH cameras but I was wondering what everybody had for point and shoot cameras and what the pros and cons are.

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    i just got a new one for Christmas. It was from Target and wow i can not think of it at all. It is a 10.4 Mega Pix. I use to have a Sony and it was great until it was stolen. I was told that they are very fragile and they break very easy. I did have trouble with mine but lucky the warranty fixed it.
    I would have to say a good inexpensive camera is the Canon Sure Shots. My daughter had one and it take GREAT pictures and it is only like $80.00 or so. Great for the money.

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    My first digital camera is a Kodak EasyShare CX6230. I like it, it is easy to use and easy to get the pics. Hubby bought the Sony Cyber-shot. It's high on the Consumer Reports list. I like it too. Happy shopping!
  4. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Mine is a Kodak EasyShare C813
    It's silver :cool: It was only like $80 and it is a really good camera

Good luck with camera shopping
  5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I have a great one that would fit right in a purse. Mine works great and takes really nice pics. It's a Nikon Coolpix S200. I got it at Costco last summer for a great price.
  6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I researched a bunch of different brands and sifted through reviews and I think I found my camera: ... 535&sr=8-1

I'm going to wait a month or two more before I buy it and see if the price goes down more :)

thanks for your suggestions everybody! :)
  7. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I have the Canon PowerShot and I absolutely love it! Was a bit more expensive than the others - I've owned a few over the years (Olympus & Kodak) & the PowerShot is the best of them IMHO.
  8. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    The powershots are great. Nice looking, not too expensive, and nice pictures.

My brother has a c813 too, they are so worth it for the price- some of them have serious internal defects though.