Need easy chocolate pie recipe...not a goat recipe :)

Discussion in 'Cookin' Corner' started by getchagoat (Julie), Oct 26, 2007.

1. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Okay, we are having company over tomorrow night and Brad just asked if I could make a chocolate pie. Uh.....never made a pie. Does anyone have an easy recipe I could whip out tomorrow inbetween selling goats and visitors??

2. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Fudge brownie pie

2 eggs
    1 stick butter
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1/4 cup plain flour

Melt buter add eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredents together then all wet ingredents. Miz well and pour into a pie crust. bake at 325 untill firm.

This is easy and everyone loves it.

3. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Very cool! Thank you! And what is the approximate time it takes it to get firm? I don't want to overcook it cause I walked away for too long.

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    It usually takes about 25 minutes but check it with a tooth pick at 15 to 20 minutes and when the tooth pick comes out clean it is done. Let me know how you like it if you make it.

5. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Oh I'll be making it. Thank you soooo much. That is very nice of you to take the time and look it up.

6. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    EDIT: I copy/pasted the wrong recipe! This one is a cake, lol, not pie.

There's also this one. My ten year old sister can make it, so its super easy lol.

4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped or broken into pieces
    1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
    1 2/3 cup boiling water
    2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 cups sugar
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Grease and flour a 9-x-13-inch baking pan. In a large mixing bowl (to save time, just use the bowl that attaches to your countertop mixer), combine the chocolate, butter, and water. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the remaining ingredients and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
    Pour batter into the prepared pan.
    Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the cake's center comes out clean.
    Remove from oven and completely cool cake in the pan on a wire rack. Add frosting and decorations of your choice, then serve.

7. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Your welcome. This is a recipe my grandma always made and then my mom then me and now my 19 yo daughter loves to make it. My mom gave me the recipe at one of my wedding showers where everyone was to bring a recipe on an index card. The card is now almost 20 years old and fading, I guess I need to rewrite it. LOL The great thing is that all the ingredents are usually already in the home. I have even made it in a pinch without a crust and it was still great.

8. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Bless you, Teresa!!! The pie was wonderful. My guests even asked for the recipe!!! I can't thank you enough. Brad couldn't believe how good it was (not due to recipe, but me putting it together). He says you never know what to expect with me, especially if it involves the kitchen. :) So now, if I have a little girl, know that it will be passed on to her. Thank you thank you thank you!

9. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    You are very welcomed I am glad you and your guest liked it. It is our favorite here. So are you working on that daughter yet. LOL

10. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Nope, not til next year. I would like to get 2 years under our belts as married people, building the foundation before we do that. And we may adopt. So for now, praying for the Lord's guidance and for the little one in our future. But watch out next fall! haha

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Teresa that sounds like a yummy recipe!

I will have to try it

Julie - I want to adopt one day too, I can't wait to have children but I totaly can understand waiting - once you have your first you two will never be just both of you again, life revolves around the kids.

My sister is in that boat right now, wants kids but isn't ready to give up her life with just her and her husband - one of these days she will make me an aunt though :D

12. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    Hey! Don't limit your cooking instruction to just your daughters. :( Boys need to know how to cook too, especially in this day and age where both spouses are working outside the home. If your sons know how to cook their wives will have even more reason to love them. :D

13. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Oh my son will learn to cook, should I have one, but since it was passed down through women, I'll carry that on. Brad cooks all the time and likes his better than mine. LOL