The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this

My sons fair goat has this thing on it it looks like a wart of some type if anyone knows what it is and what

image-3391176994.jpg

I can do to get rid of it by August let me know please

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is my sons fair goat we don't know what this is if anyone knows whatnot is and knows to treat it please let me knowing don't want him rejected at fair

image-3440805967.jpg

Attachments

·
I'm watching you
22,256 Posts
It looks like a Papilloma, you're going to need a vets help. They are contagious so please be careful handling it.

·
I'm watching you
22,256 Posts
The other goat probably already has the virus. It can be passed on feed dishes, gates. and such. They can have it for months before the warts appear.

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
Hummm, sure looks like a wart, what does it feel like under..loose or connected? ...garlic is good to treat warts...crush a fresh garlic and rub on the wart a few times a day...Tea tree oil is another good natural treatment....

edit
The bad thing about Papilloma warts is that they can turn into skin cancer. They really need tested and treated professionally. They are related to the same virus that causes cervical cancer in humans.
This I did not know...thank you goathiker for the info...

·
I'm watching you
22,256 Posts
The bad thing about Papilloma warts is that they can turn into skin cancer. They really need tested and treated professionally. They are related to the same virus that causes cervical cancer in humans.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Type in "Rabbit Papillomavirus" and you will be surprised at what it does to them. Known as the "horned rabbit". Not too sure what it does to goats, though.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Katelyn, isn't it creepy?! Those poor, poor rabbits! I would be very tempted to just shoot them if I saw one. That can't feel good and then they just die. Saw one yesterday that had one growing out of it's EYE. Not in real life, lol, I saw it on the computer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts