Need help chosing bloodlines for Lamancha Herdsire

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by Idahodreamer, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Geez, didn't think it would be so hard!
    Can't make a decision!

My herd doelings bloodlines will be from these girls
    Autumn Acres Miss Mya (for sure)
    Rockin CB Xsandra ( for sure)
    Rockin-CB LSX Yentl (not reserved yet)

. . . . . . . .
    List away your favorite does whom you would definitely reserve a Lamancha buckling out of! My final reservations are gonna be done by early September. :D :clap:

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    lol i would say buy my buck ( if the lady i got him from doesnt want him back) but your all the way in idaho and he's almost 2

3. Idahodreamer

Buwahahahaha, I'm all the way in South Dakota, actually. :) Too bad. . .

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    allison (Kelebek) had a great experience with shipping adult goats from NH to WA for a good price. Maybe you can check that out. The information is in the Transport Terminal forum

5. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    There's a few nice herds of Nice LaManchas in Idaho to ;-). One's website is www.huricanepm.com. I have some of that Rockin-CB genetics in my herd to-mainly with just a few of last year's doe kids. My new junior herd sire is out of the South-Fork Herd though.

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    go to hurricane.. they have niiiice stuff.plus my buck sold

7. Idahodreamer

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Tart is absolutely beautiful! I'd recommend a buck out of her, I haven't checked out the site to see who she is going to be bred to. I would love to have a doe kid out of her though.

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Personally I like Mint*Leaf better than Hurricane PM, and I would choose Riley, she's just gorgeous :D

10. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I agree with Sarah. Riley is gorgeous! Not to mention her dam, Gypsy, and her kid who was 1st Jr. kid at Nationals this year! :greengrin: I've seen some of the Mint*Leaf does in person. Wow are they big and beautiful!

11. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    I really liked the looks of the Mint*Leaf does too. They all look beautiful to me, and those udders are to die for!

12. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    You mustnot have seen Tart, she's pretty. Trish is picky as to what she keeps-if it doesn't milk-it goes.

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i've spent alot of time looking over all three of the does and i come out with tart.. for me she's the best overallpackage

14. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Don't get me wrong...Tart is a beautiful doe in her own right. :) And really you probably can't go wrong either way.

I would recommend looking and comparing LA scores from ADGA Genetics page as well. It can be very helpful since you cannot see them in person.

Oh and btw, nice choices for your does! I really like both of those herds and especially Autumn Acres. Man I really need to stop looking at all these gorgeous Lamanchas!! It's too tempting....I've got Autumn Acres and Mint*Leaf both within 3-4 hours from me! (No, Jacque. :doh: You have Nubians, not Lamanchas remember?)

15. Idahodreamer

I like both Tart and Riley , Tart because she's a beautiful proven older doe who has nice conformation and is packing an amazing 3rd freshening udder, and Riley because she has some of my favorite bloodlines, is wowing to look at and has a very nice first freshening udder.
    Thanks for everyone's input! I'll let you know what I've decided as soon as the deposit is sent in September! :cool:
    Jacque, I love my choices too and am totally thrilled! I hope to show at least 2 of them in 2011, if my reservations are born as doelings like I want them to, LOL.