Need help finding farm/herd name

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by 4hmama, Feb 28, 2009.

1. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    My farm name is JCH Mountain Farm, but this is too long for an ADGS herd name...any suggestions? We are registered with AGS and have JCH as our tatoo...The 'JCH' is my kids initials - all the animals are their projects, we live on a road that has 'Mountain' in the name. We are in WV, have 3 children, have ND goats, horses, dogs, cats, and lots of chickens.
    Any short name suggestions??

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what herd name did you register with AGS? That is what I would register with ADGA

3. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    I registered JCH Mountain Farm with AGS. ADGA recommends staying shorter that 15 letters and spaces, and this name is too long. I went back and re-read their rules and it is just a recommendation, so maybe I should just stick with the original. Sorry for the goof...running on very little sleep.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you will have only 12 spaces left for a name - so if you like short names (which is fine) and dont feel the need to add in sir or dams name then that will be fine.

Can you do JCH M'Tain Farm? You would have 14 spaces left

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    JCH Mo Farm
    JCH Mountain

:shrug:

6. critterhavenfarm

critterhavenfarm New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    You wouldn't necessarily have to put the name Farm in it...so how about just JCH Mountain...then you could name the kids

JCH Mountain's so and so....

or

JCH Mtn Farm if you want to keep Farm in it...

:shrug:

Susan

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I started off with AGS with Sunset Lake Ranch - then changed it to SLR minis. With ADGA I went just SLR because I have a couple Nubians that are registered through them....

I would either keep them the same in both registries, or something very similar so that people can fing you in either registry pretty easy.

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

JCS MT.
    You could also take the first couple of letters of your kids name, We have a road here called Tianda ln, the guy who named it has two daughters, Tia and Amanda.
    beth