The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I hope to have me some dairy goats before too long and need some help please. I have a friend who's mother keeps goats for fun and offered to give me the next ones born for free. They are polled but ao far all the girls continue to breed. Though I'm not yet sure if the buck is polled or disbudded. Anyhow I wonder if anyone can help me identify the breeds. Particularly the buck as the others look nubian to me. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The red one looks like a nubian cross of some kind maybe oberhasli or alpine, the white one with eye patch looks nubian, and the white one in back looks like a sanann nubian cross. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
30,593 Posts
The grey one looks to be mixed with a donkey lol... Just kidding he he....looks like you have nubian crossed does, pos. saanen...the buck looks more of an alpine cross? I dont see Nubian in him..
to see if they are disbudded or polled, feel the horn area..if they are disbudded there is usually a spot that is rough or small scur growth..polled will be smooth,,can still have a lump but will be smooth.

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
Nubian mixes and the donkey needs shoes on her hind feet, she's developing contracted heels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts