Need help naming twin does.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by rkalgren, Sep 29, 2008.

1. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Here are the pictures that I was sent of our new additions, they are two weeks old. We are coming up with names and since they are twins they should match, even though our twin daughters names don't. Their parents are Jack and Jill.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Bob

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I cant think of any names yet but are very pretty girls!!!

3. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Alice and Mary..? :shrug:

Very cute ^_^

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Okay,this may sound weird . . . but my parents come from german descent and so we still speak the language in the home . . . but Shayna means pretty girl and Shayinna means Beautiful one. That's all I can come up with for now . . .

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    How about ---- hmmmmm ------
    trying to follow the theme here --------

Lilly and Tulip

Cinderella and Tinker Bell (Cindy and Tink for short)

Bell and Ariel

Minnie and Daisy

I will see if I can think of more through out the day.

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i say name them

raven(mostly black one)
    and starlet( black and white one)

7. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    mutt and jeff
    fric and frac
    lol
    jk
    watch them for a few days and see their personalities
    are you going for a theme?
    what are their parents names?

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Is that one that is black with a white leg band a doeling or buckling? Reason i ask is that I had a doeling born 9 days ago with almost the same exact markings! LOL! she has the white band on her leg just like yours and white on the tummy. Mine is more of a broken belly band - though.

9. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Thelma and Louise would be cute!

10. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    The problem is that I can't watch them since I won't get them until November. The breeder would like to get them used to their names, so we need to find names. They are both doelings and their parents are Jack and Jill, so maybe names from nursery rhymes. I am stumped since we have so many dogs and have had litters that we named. We had a litter of 7 Basset hound puppies that we named after the seven dwarfs. We also had a litter of 7 German Shorthaired Pointers that we named after Gods and Goddesses. Since it was our first litter of GSP's we named them in the German fasion of all the names starting with the first letter of the alphabet, our next litter will al start with the letter B.
    Here are the names we have used so far and don't want to repeat.
    Dogs: Oscar, Candy, Daisy, Emma, Annie, Gracie, Derrick, Athena, Aphrodite, Artemis, Aurora, Aidin, Anu, Angus Og, Sleepy, Sneezy, Happy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc, and Bashfull
    Cats: Mathew, Maconahay, Patches, Tiger, Spooky, Spooky Jr, Mud Flaps (long story), Calico
    Goats: Cloe (deceased from impaction), Clementine, Geppetto, Spike, Nutmeg (deceased from liver failure due to parisite infestation from an early age), Thorn

11. PiccoloGoat

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Mud Flap :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

12. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    It was a white kitten with rectangular patches just below the knees on both back legs. My wife thought they looked ike he had mud flaps.
    Bob

13. PiccoloGoat

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    oh how cute

My cats names are angel and sally...Kinda boring compared to good ole mudflaps eh? :ROFL:

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Mary-Kate and Ashley....... Olsen

Zsa Zsa and Eva........... Gabor

Naomi and Ashley ..............Judd
    Naomi and Wynonna..................Judd

queen latifah and cover girl

Tia and Tamara............... Mowry ............twins of the show sister sister

Lindsay and Sidney ...........Greenbush .........1970's television series LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.

Laverne & Shirley

:) throwing out more ideas

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    ooops,,forgot to say your new kids are really beautiful........... :love:

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    rkalgren....I have to say, I AM SO GLAD YOU GOT THESE GIRLS!!!! I had the pleasure of an email from their "grammy" the day they were born, they are growing to be such beauties and you are a very lucky guy....their grammy has my Binky's doeling...Cricket and I was sent a pic of her the same day your babies were born. Small World!

As far as the Mother Goose theme goes.....One of my favorites was Ring around the Rosie, pocket full of Posies

A good combo.....Rosie and Posie!

17. artsy_farmgirl

artsy_farmgirl Goat Fancier

Feb 29, 2008
    Florida
    I think Sparkle and Shimmer might be nice names, or Luna and Aurora, probably inspired by their dark coats... On a different tangent, Gin and Brandy? Nixie and Naiad sound pretty too along the mythology lines.. Hope it's some good food for thought anyways.. They are adorable kids by the way. :D

18. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Mud Flap is cute, I have a doe, calypso, she has 'mud flaps too'

here's a few:

nike - adidas
    Ambrose- argento
    kokomo - kahuna
    millenia - mirage
    Solaris - nautilius
    zeppelin - zodiac

19. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    Their personalities are very different. The solid black one is the friendly mischevious one. When you sit down she climbs in your lap and plays,plays,plays. She takes after her daddy. Jack is a friendly and playful clown. The brown and black one is more like her mom. She is the gentle and sweet one. she is a little shy so far, but i expect she will get over that. Hope this helps.

Gina