Need help, please

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by NubianLover, Feb 14, 2011.

1. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Since I am still new and have no idea what to expect.....
    I spoke with the vet this morning as my doe didn't want to eat her grain this morning.... just picked at it. She also didn't really want to touch her alfalfa. She doesn't seem sick, though. She is still letting the kids nurse. She also has semi-runny poopy... it has been that way since she gave birth. Not too runny, more ploppy than anything. He also said this was normal as she is just getting all the "junk" out of her body and should be fine in a couple days. Should I give her anything?

Thanks.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Get a fecal done she may have worms or cocci.....

What is her temp?

3. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I just got a fecal.... so am going to run it up to the vet.

I cannot find my thermometer to check her temp.... so am going to go buy a new one. Will let you know when I get back.

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Her temp is 101.8
    Vet did the fecal and said he didn't see anything.... he said he was going to run it a little longer to test for the cocci but didn't see anything as of yet.

She is now nibbling on her grain and has munched on a little alfalfa. I can get meds if need be, but I won't be home until later tonight as I have to work.... I only know how to do shots under the skin... Her poop is a lighter shade of brown if that helps any.

I have probios, nutridrench, and calcium on hand. Is this anything I can give that may help?

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I give my does a shot of B Comples when they are off like that after they kid.

7. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I would give the probios atleast

8. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Well I can get that at work. Is there anything else I should pick up?

I am going to give her a little probios now. I am just glad to see her eating a little better. She is still producing milk so I know she is eating something.

When I am freaking out I don't think too well.... Thank you Toth for reminding me to check temp and run fecal. I never seem to remember those simple things.

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome... :hi5:

Temp is normal....that is good...

I don't see her as needing any meds....as of now...I agree with Lori... give her a shot of B Complex ...it will help her appetite....

All of that can help.... and wouldn't hurt to give to her ... :wink:

10. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    I gave her the probios. She really liked it. I will give her some calium and nutridrench tonight as I have to go to work. Do I give the vitamin B under the skin? And how much and for how long?

When I left she started munching on more alfalfa. Now to keep everyone healthy.

Next doe is due anytime. Excited and nervous.

Thanks again! :hug:

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yes...you can go Under Skin.... I believe.. the dosage is on the bottle... :wink:

12. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Something I was thinking..make sure she has some baking soda free choice