Need Help w/ Names Please!!!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by HollowbeadRanch, Mar 6, 2009.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well I just finished adding the triplets to the Nursery (www.HollowbeadRanch.com/animalnursery.htm)! The only problem is that I am having to refer to them as "Buckling #1, Buckling #2, Buckling #3"! So I need help with some names please!!!! :dance: The two Buckskins have Blue-Eyes and the Black one has Brown-Eyes. They all three have moonspots.... so maybe something pertaining to a night sky, the moon, stars, or even something refering to blue... for the two with Blue-Eyes :shrug: I am really open to ANY suggestions!

Here are some more pics of them:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for the help! :leap:

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Here are a few that I think might fit them...

Splash
    Spotz :D
    Moonpie
    Cresent: Like the cresent moon shape
    BlueMoon
    Gumdrop
    Lollipop
    Comet
    Pluto
    Jupiter
    Planet names...
    Here's a link to some star names... http://www.naic.edu/~gibson/starnames/starnames.html That might be kinda neat to use one of those.

Well, maybe one of those will work!! Have fun picking the names!!

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Brandi, How about instead of Buck 1,2,3. They be adorable buck 1,2,3..

No are you keeping them?

We do not name them if I know we are not keeping them. i can not because I will be to attached to them. Even when I sell them I tell the people to name them so I can get the correct name on the Scrapie tag information.

I have them listed on my web site with their dam and Sire and then the babies, so they can see who they came from.

4. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Kylee- I really like Moonpie, Draco, and Aries (the last two are from the star names link)! What does everyone think of those???

Lori- Thank you! No, I won't be able to keep any of them (and it is KILLING me!). They are related to all 5 Does that I purchased! I usually go ahead and name them (easier to keep up with in my records when they have names... instead of saying "dark buckskin buckling with blue-eyes and moonspots..." know what i mean?) and then if the buyer wants to rename them they are more than welcome to :greengrin: Plus I just enjoy picking out names for them :wink:

5. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :ROFL: I just had a brilliant idea!!!! :ROFL: Unless I find some names that I like better... their names are now RC, Cola, and MoonPie! :greengrin:

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :ROFL: I like it Brandi!!

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Brandi your choice for names is great! Luv'em. Now....does the lil' B/W cutie have BE? He is just adorable...and my DH just loved the pic of he and his brother together...the 7th pic..that buckskin face is just adorable!!!

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I found an easy way to name kids.......just ask kids:). I asked my middle born neice what I should name a doe kid out of Kalilily-should she have a doe kid-and she said "Rose". So, that will be the name if it is a doe.

9. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you both! I am tickled with the names :greengrin:

Liz- Honestly... MoonPie (black Buckling) is the sweetest one of them all!! You heard "curiosity killed the cat"??? well... I am beginning to believe it killed the goat too! :ROFL: He is SO curious and full of energy! It is really going to break my heart when he has to go :( He doesn't have blue-eyes.... only one out of the three that doesn't. It is absolutely COVERED in moonspots though! He has a few little chocolate moonspots on his face also! He is just the cutest thing! :love: If you decide you want him.... you just let me know :wink: