The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Terrestrial animal Grass
we just rescued this beautiful girl Saturday and she's our first mini silky fainter. Now on earth can we get these knots out of her fur? Should we just shave the severe areas and work the rest of the knots out?

·
Registered
835 Posts
If you can start trimming it before you shave it just to make sure some skin hasn’t been pulled into the matted hair. It’s gets sensitive where the matted hair is especially under the belly and back leg area. When you trim a lot of it off it’s easier to see where you’re shaving as well and it goes easier on you too. Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok great. She has normal poop and pee. She’s skidding so it’s taking to for her to get used to us. We’re planning to get her on our stand tomorrow and cut a little of the worst areas to see what we’re working with. We’re also going to treat her for lice and fleas. Just to be sure. We have a vet coming out to see her and we took the fecal test in today and just waiting for The results before we deworm her.

Hopefully once all the tests come back and we get this all cleaned up she’ll be happy as a clam.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Snout Companion dog
Plant Wood Tree Twig Grass
She seems to be doing better and we're going to try to shave and cut some of the matted fur today. I think she has an infection. I'll grab her temp when we get her tied up. This is the closest she will let me get so far but here's a horrible picture of her vulva area. She was just in heat so it may just be stuff sticking to her discharge but if it's infected what should I do to help it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts