Need help with pedigrees

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by mistyblue, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Ok I just got a call from a lady wanting to sell 2 Nigerian Dwarf does, they are registered and possibly bred at this time. I have thier registration numbers but have no clue how to look them up or if they are from good stock.

This is what I have:

1st doe - DOB/08-25-06 Registration# D31695
    2nd doe - DOB/09-18-05 Registration# D31696
    The Buck they are possibly bred to - Registration# D29963

If anyone can tell me if these would be worth getting and how to possible look them up by their registration numbers. The only reason being sold is they are a not very tame and she does not want to take the time to tame them.

2. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Anyone? Help, how do I look them up?

I am more than likely going to buy these girls but some info on their breeding would be great. The seller informed me that the buck was bought for $6,000.00 and that he was a show goat.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They must be AGS registered because nothing comes up on the ADGA database. Did they happen to mention a herd name at all?

Sorry I can't help more.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    AGS and NDGA do not go by the numbers, they go by the herd name, is there a way you can get that info from the owner?

The herd name would be the beginning of their registered names, in case you weren't sure.

5. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    No, she did not. She bought these from a family friend not to long ago to help her out. She is like me, feeling her way around, she has no desire to register the babies when they arrive, so she has not taken alot of interest. She has several more does who will be kidding soon, who could be registed and she is not going to. Advised she would sell the kids for around $50.00 each.

I think I will take these 2 does anyways. Now I want to register their babies, so what do I need from her when I pick them up.

6. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Just talked to her and they are all Alexander Farms.

Such as Alexander Farms tx bw adonis is the buck

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
  8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    the only way that you would be able to get the kids registered is who ever owned them when bred. The kids would be registered under their herd name. If they own the buck also, then all is good, otherwise you will need a service memo for each doe of the owner of the buck.

Does that make sense?? I know - it is weird

9. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    She bought the buck when she bought the does. She has all the papers on them, I was wondering what I would need besides the does papers to get the kids registered. Now she has not transfered ownership and does not plan to.

As for Alexander Farms they dispersed, and sold their farm from my understanding. I was mainly wondering if anyone had heard of them and if they thought that these does would be a good investment. I am new to goat ownership and have not a clue about their breeding. :shrug:

But as I am getting these girls w/papers for a dirt cheap price I guess it should not matter.