Need help with registerating a goat.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, Dec 21, 2009.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I have a young doe that I think I have everything I need to get her registered. But I need some help, such as what color would you call her and how should the tattoo look if she was born in 2009?

Also, she was born on my place but her dam's papers were never transfered and I have since sold the dam. Now I have the service memo from the original owner, who also owned the buck and I have filled out the registeration form as far as I can except for color, tattoo and figuring out who signs the "born the property (signature) line.

I have no way of contacting the original owner, is it even possible to still register this little girl?

Taken 2 weeks ago
    [​IMG]

Taken a few weeks old
    [​IMG]

2. JessaLynn

JessaLynn New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Not sure but I would say light buckskin.I have a buckling just born same color.
    What a cutie!! :love:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    its buckskin and she was born on your property so you sign that part, but you didnt own the mother at the time of servicing (well on the paperwork at least) so she will have her previous owners herd name but YOUR tattoo number sequence.

Like say her mom was owned by me on the paperwork.

My herd name is End of the Line and my tattoo is EOTL -- you would use my herd name and my tattoo in the right ear but on the left you use the year Z and then the number she was born on your property.

Does that make sense?

4. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Stacey, makes sense and thank you. I was able to fill everything out correctly except for the right ear tattoo as I do not know what her tattoo is.

I named the doe starting with the doe owners herd name, all I need is the tattoo info and I am all set. By the way if it helps the herd name is Alexander Farms, just in case someone knows.

Also, will I need to turn in a service memo since she owned both the doe and buck at time of service.

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh..ok good! Now for her tattoo, since she was born on your property, you use YOUR tattoo. She will have a different herd name, but the tattoo will be for your farm. So left ear will be Z... and whatever number of kids she was to be born on your place and right ear will be your herd tattoo.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    no becuase she never owned the dam -- the kid gets the tattoo of the previous owner. I just went through this last year with a doe I purchases but I didnt get her papers till after the doe kidded (part of the deal I made with the previous owner, so that the kids would have all her information). So also technically this doeling would have all the information from the previous owner but the left year Tattoo isnt as important since its just a number and Mistyblue is claiming (truthfully) that the doe was born on her property.

oh and I dont see Alexander Farms in my member roster so I cant help with their tattoo

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Kaylee you would be right IF Mistyblue had ever owned the dam. If she purchased her, transfered her into her name and then the doe kidded then yes the kids would have Mistyblue's tattoo.

But since the transfer never happened it is as if the kids were born to someone else.

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh yes...you're right. I forgot she never actually owned the dam. UNLESS, misty..did you have a transfer from the owner before you to you, then to the person you sold her to? Wouldn't that work? Because in the time frame that the doe kidded, if that is shown to be in between ownership on the transfers then she would be tattooed with you.

So lets say you buy doe on 2/2/09, doe kids 4/4/09, you sell doe, 8/8/09...if the doe kidded in between the purchase and selling times then I would think you could/would use your tattoo. But if the transfer goes right "over" you as if you never had anything to do with the doe, then yes, Stacey is right on.

Who are you registering her with? I have dealt with a lot of paperwork through AGS and they will be VERY lenient if you explain the circumstance. If I were you i'd contact the registry and see how they want the tattoos lined up if that is your last step. Oh, and she'd be considered a light buckskin, or red buckskin.

9. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    That is how it went, I bought her, she kidded, I sold her. I had the papers and never filled them out, just gave them to the new owner.

I will call the AGS and see what they have to say.