need help

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by SDK, Jun 8, 2010.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    deciding on a new herdname..

just figured that the herdname: Super Duper Kids is my current herdname.. and has been for the last 7 years.. but its old now and i'm looking for something a little more "adult"

2. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Super Duper Adults?

Sorry that was probably uncalled for lol...

Do you have a favorite thing/person/plant/goat/season?

I always like to make these things personal. Also you could play with the initials - SDK. I have no idea what else it could stand for because the first thing that came to mind was Spring Dew Kaleidoscope...that doesn't really make any sense whatsoever!

I am so unhelpful. :slapfloor:

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    just wishing to get rid of the SDK all together, just time to start over i guess.. since i'd started with thenigerians and now i'm going to focus in the lamanchas, with only the two nigerians as a side thing.

I live in Socal, if that helps you think of anything. in chaparell country near mountains and apple country and desert

4. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    How about... Don Quixote Farm, or Ranch or Pasture, Goats ... works with the goats

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i've been thinking like mad about it

what i've thought of so far:

Castilla
    Chapparral

a friend gave me Capricacious... but i'd like to stay away from a goat related herdname

6. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Ohh because you're using it for your Tans as well?

Hm well what about something unique about your property? A certain wild flower you really like? Or maybe a favorite place in a book you've read? It can be anything you like, doesn't have to be goaty :) I'll try to think, but I'm not so great at the herd name thing.

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    the rabbits are widow haven rabbitry, i *could* use widow haven for the goats as well.. but i prefer having seperate ones

i enjoy having historical significance in the names of stuff, for instance the rabbitry, Widow Haven, is named so because of the abundance of black widow spiders in the area. this abundance is due to the fact that during WWII there were several "farms" in town that raised black widows for the silk fibre for crosshairs and other things