The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,162 Posts
Could be a tooth abscess...a sticker cyst...If you post apic we might be able to tell..3 months old is a bit young for CL...so that would not be my first thought....I would clean the area well and put iodine on it to help the drying and keep it disinfected..

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Where on her jaw? Do you have pictures? Do you have other goats? Unfortunately it sounds like CL... :-/

Edit: Happybleats knows WAY more than I do, and I was distracted and missed the age of yer doe. Also, been a lot of CL on the boards lately, so I'm paranoid. ;)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Any picture helps - you can put a circle around the old abscess. It will help us to be able to tell you if it's something like a sticker orbug bite that you just need to make sure it's cleaned out or a tooth abscess that might come back.

not that we can tell everything from a photo but it can help.

also, if it was from something like a bee sting, splinter, sticker, something, you need to make sure that piece of debris is out of the abscess hole or the abscess will come back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.