The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a nj dwarf doe three months old a week ago.i noticed a couple. of days. ago a small. lump on her jaw that had busted. and looks. like. its drying. up

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
Could be a tooth abscess...a sticker cyst...If you post apic we might be able to tell..3 months old is a bit young for CL...so that would not be my first thought....I would clean the area well and put iodine on it to help the drying and keep it disinfected..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Where on her jaw? Do you have pictures? Do you have other goats? Unfortunately it sounds like CL... :-/

Edit: Happybleats knows WAY more than I do, and I was distracted and missed the age of yer doe. Also, been a lot of CL on the boards lately, so I'm paranoid. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No she is my only goat at this time i trided to get a good picture but its so small and drided up i can't. i put iodine and antibiotic ointment on it

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Any picture helps - you can put a circle around the old abscess. It will help us to be able to tell you if it's something like a sticker orbug bite that you just need to make sure it's cleaned out or a tooth abscess that might come back.

not that we can tell everything from a photo but it can help.

also, if it was from something like a bee sting, splinter, sticker, something, you need to make sure that piece of debris is out of the abscess hole or the abscess will come back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts