The Goat Spot Forum banner

Need ideals on how to make a creep feeder.

12K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  AlaskaBoers 
#1 ·
Can anyone send me pics of a creep feeder that you have made. I have three week old babies and I want to set up a spot where they can start getting into feed that I can leave out, at all times for just them. So hit me with some ideals please. I appreciate any help that I receive.

#3 ·
I've been thinking about creep feeders too (even though I'm more than a month away from having the first baby goaties). My concern is that the older goats my get aggressive near a grain feeder kept on the other side of the fence where the hole is only big enough for a baby goat's head to get through.... I have visions of a little one happily munching away on grain that only he/she can reach them BAM! An older goat rams into her & hurts her bad....

ok, yes, I'm paranoid..... and too broke to buy creep feeders so I found this very affordable version:

http://www.barnonemeatgoats.com/creep.html

#5 ·
this is how ******* I am,
we had taken apart an old metal futon couch, I took one look at them large metal pieces and said YES i can use them
I have a large dog crate half secured to the wall and one of them pieces kitty cornered to it PRESTO! kids go in, moms stay out
right now I have the heat lamp there to use but when the time comes to feed the kids I can place their feed in there too safe from the moms

#8 ·
nhsmallfarmer said:
here is my ******* kid area

Hey I LOVE ******* ideas, they are the best and most affordable. The funny part, I have two gates that are made out of that same thing, (looks like it). They were to a old metal bunk bed, matter of fact a lot of my barn is just "put together" with parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.