Need Ideas for Goat Toys

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by luvmygoats, Jan 10, 2008.

1. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    Hi All,
    Last fall we built a teeter totter, ramp and walkway in our ND pen. We covered everything with roofing shingles as a friend suggested. It seems they might be getting bored with them now and we are looking for new ideas. anything would help. our little buck Jack is getting pretty mischeivious lately.

Thanks,
    Gina

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    All I have is those big round spool. I have several of them and different sizes, and I have some big tires. Ok, I also have some HUGE boulders.

3. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Rocks are great fun! I got my boys a 68,000 pound boulder with lots of ledges and whatnot- perfect for playing and climbing and sleeping. They are on it most of the day, sleeping, and keeping lookout. They also play on it a lot too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Smaller rocks work too. They also keep their feet looking great!!! I never have to trim hooves in the spring and summer, when they are outside nearly all the time, and only once or twice in the winter.

4. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    my goats love the jolly ball that they sell for horses. i hang one in my buck pen & they are hitting it all the time. even my older doe likes it. i also have the spools for them

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We have big rocks for our goats to play on, also steel tables.

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    older kid play houses like the one below are great too by maybe take the slide off and put a ramp on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They aren't very good pics but you can get an idea of what it looks like

7. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    here is another pic of it in the distance

[​IMG]

8. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    Re

Thanks for your great ideas. Gosh I love this board, I'm learning so much. Where can I buy a boulder like that? If I can't get a boulder, then will defiantly get some spools. The kids toys are a great idea too.
    Thanks, Gina

9. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    My goats like tires and dog igloos. =)

10. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    My goats like tires and dog igloos. =)

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have wooden spools and then I have a big blue plastic barrel that was a "toy" for the horses that were at the property before we got there. We also built a big wook box for them to jump up on in the covered area, and they like to get up on the hay feeder platform also (I don't use it for hay)

I was thinking about a tether ball for mine on a post

12. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    Take a look :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfUqVa-Y3go"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfUqVa-Y3go[/ame]

13. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  14. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    That little Dale Jr. sure earned his bottle! Too cute! I am so jealous of everyone's kids, but at least I can come here and drool over them :drool: lol

15. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ New Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I actually bought our two dwarfs a picnic table. They love it and it sits right under the kitchen window where we can visit all the time. :)

16. J-TRanch

J-TRanch J-T.Ranch.Dairy.Goats

Jan 31, 2014
    Clayton, KS
    Spools! Mine LOVE theres.. I have a little one for the little kids too..let me look

Attached Files:

17. J-TRanch

Jan 31, 2014
    Clayton, KS
    There! Not a great picture, but its a dog house with ramps and what not. The little kids love it!

Attached Files:

18. RaineyDayFarms

RaineyDayFarms New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Houston
    I'd like to try out the spools, where do y'all get them from?

I was going to get a punching bag for the boys. Poor guys have resorted to beating up a pile of shavings today. Lol

19. J-TRanch

Jan 31, 2014
    Clayton, KS
    Ha! You can call the landfill. Usually they'll save them for you. Or the city?

Owner/operator
    J-T Ranch Dairy Goats
    NW KS

20. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    My Mother-in-law snagged 2 spools for free from the electric company here. She just asked and they put them in the car for her.