Need opinion on another buck!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Dec 3, 2010.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: How do you all feel about this Nigi Buck?

He looks good to me....I wish I can tell you more about his conformation and all..... but ....I only know the boers.... But from what I am seeing.... he looks really good....I'd get pics from both sides ....and front ....back.... ask about his teat structure....... :thumbup:

Unless he is close enough... you can go look at him... in person..... :wink:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

she says some of his doelings have freshened I would like to see pictures adn pictures of his dam before I made any decisions.

I cant find his dam

4. TinyHoovesRanch

I asked about both, also she sent pics of his babies, they are all super long and level, very pretty colors too!

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

There is a photo of his half sister's udder on there. Looks pretty nice. The buck looks very long and level, and looks like he has good legs, though it's a little hard to see from the photo. Pretty nice pedigree too. I like him. Definately get dam/daughter photos and see how they look.

6. TinyHoovesRanch

Im gonna ask for a better pic of him, I also asked for udder pics of dam and daughters.

She said his daughters had really nice udders, so she must have pics of them

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

colors don't count for anything.. and udders do.. so.. udder pics come first

8. TinyHoovesRanch

Oh I dont care at all about the colors! Those are just added bonuses! Waiting on the udder pics, and I asked for a better pic of him too.

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

She wasn't asking about the color...more along the lines of his conformation. His color isn't anything special anyway, in my opinion. :wink:

10. TinyHoovesRanch

Quite a few of his daughters have freshened, unfortunately no one has sent me pics that are good enough to post. But what I have seen, the udders he's put on his girls are quite nice, could probably use more rear height when viewed from the side, but like I said, no one has really given me a SIDE view and more of an angled kind of thing. The teats are lovely, all of the girls are first fresheners, but they are a really good length all things considering (I hate it when does freshen out with itty bitty teats that are so hard to milk!). Nice globular shapes, pretty glued on all the way around, and nice capacity for FF's. I was going to keep his daughter out of Aaryanna, Maneki Neko, but I've found stock I really want to invest in and it unfortunately means making sacrifice and she is one of the ones I decided to sell. If she hadn't sold, I might have been tempted to have her freshen just to see in person what she'd come in with.

As for his dam, Tsuru was a nice doe. Her sister was at Pecan Hollow for a while (don't know if they sold her or what) but she freshened with an extremely nice udder. As for Tsuru, I don't know what happened; when she first freshened it was just as gorgeous (though she needed more side attachment, I'll be honest). When I had to pull the boys and start milking her though, I don't know what happened to it. It went lopsided and just did not look right. I asked people on my goat groups what could cause it, and they said milk crystals (I think they said it was not genetic - none of Katamari's daughters have it). Aside from the wonky look of the udder, Tsuru milked like a small cow and oh was she a dream to milk! That udder collapsed down to nothin'! Buttery soft, too. I have a decent side and rear view of it I'll attach, from the last year I had her and was working hard at getting that udder to even out.

I'll attach the pics of his daughter's udders that have freshened so far -- two where taken an hour before they both kidded, and the other has been in milk for quite some time and is a FF as well. I'm so anal over udder pics, I wish the angles were better and if I knew how many hours of milk the last doe had been in. The gal that owns her is super nice but slow with contact.

You can see Katamari's half-sister, Kitsune, on my website along with her udder. She is out of the same dam and obviously her udder had no problem either, so I am inclined to believe it was milk crystals that ruined Kat's dam's udder. And obviously with genetics, it's just always going to be a hit and miss. Katamari could cross very well with some does and others he might not. I wish I had kept and freshened his daughters myself, but I try to keep a limited number of does in my herd to keep myself being over-run and also to keep the feed bill low.

But anyway. I try to be as honest with my potential buyers as possible and thus why I'm showing pics even though I wish they looked better on some. I'd rather you feel you knew what you were potentially going to buy before just taking it on my word alone :) He makes some nice udders I feel, but obviously without being able to really get up close and personal with them, I can't guarantee anything. Of the four daughters I'm aware of freshening I've only gotten pics of three (the fourth hadn't kidded yet). Overall they're nice udders but they haven't wowed me due to being unable to see them in person in full milk yet. But we all know how does can be, looking so-so at first and then one year it's like BAM! Gorgeous! :)

Ok here is his moms udder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then heres his daughters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. TinyHoovesRanch

12. Re: How do you all feel about this Nigi Buck? Udder Pics!

I don't like the attachments on the udders, but I am still learning confo too! Are they FULL udders?

13. TinyHoovesRanch

Re: How do you all feel about this Nigi Buck? Udder Pics!

I'll attach the pics of his daughter's udders that have freshened so far -- two where taken an hour before they both kidded, and the other has been in milk for quite some time and is a FF as well. I'm so anal over udder pics, I wish the angles were better and if I knew how many hours of milk the last doe had been in. The gal that owns her is super nice but slow with contact.

Thats what she said about it... so I guess yes and no lol

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

ok I like teat placement and medial isnt bad - love his half sister out of the same dam

Capacity comes with future freshenings -- so their udders could look even better as second fresheners.

15. TinyHoovesRanch

In the pics, it looks like the attachments need to be higher, but she said that all the udders were socked on so maybe its from the udders not being full?

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

the last two daughters udders arent badly attached -- the first daughter could use more rear attachment BUT remember these udders arent full nor are they shaved

17. TinyHoovesRanch

Very true! She said she wants to be honest and did say some needed better attachment but most of them she saw had really big teats, nice medials and socked on udders.

Unfortunately the udder pic of his mom looks bad, but that was the only one they had, since it turned horrible.....

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

looks like a first or second freshening udder and those can change -- but it doesnt seem like he passed that onto his daughters. Also the dam's udder doesnt look full

19. TinyHoovesRanch

Ya she wasnt full, makes it more difficult for me! I wish she would of taken better pics, but at least those give an idea of what to expect

20. Re: How do you all feel about this Nigi Buck? Udder Pics!

You could alwaya breed him to one or two(not all) and see if you like what his daughters turn out like for you? Just a thought? :shrug: