Need opinion on another buck!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Dec 3, 2010.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Re: How do you all feel about this Nigi Buck? Udder Pics!

IF I do get him, I would probably do that, I wouldnt want to use him on everyone, just a couple. And then hopefully my buck will decide he wants to breed the rest lol

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

my question is.. how much is she asking for him.

3. TinyHoovesRanch

Shes asking $300, I think I can get her to lower it though....

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

yea.. 3000 is a bit high IMO.. I paid 200 for kevin when i got him and 250 for hollywood's dad

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

I'm really surprised how low all of these prices are!
    Boers you can spend $1,000's on a good herdsire and with ND's it's like a big deal to pay $300

seems like a good deal to me, but I wasn't impressed by the udders... it could just be because they're small breed

6. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine

I dont think $300 is too bad, plus you get see some of what he throws for kids. In my area Nigerians are $350 + for bucks or doe kids and more for mature Nigerians. Of course it never hurts see if she will accept less.

7. TinyHoovesRanch

Well since its probably gonna be $250 for transporting, im hoping she will lower the price, I cant afford too much lol but I really want him!

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

honestly.. even if the daughters udders aren't filled all the way they should still be socked on pretty well. I like the 2nd daughter.. with more freshenings she could be really nice.. but IMO the first daughter's udder is a complete opposite.

plus. this girl is pretty far away, so you're going to spend a pretty penny on just getting him to you.

couldn't you just use CRF for a stud service till the springwhen you can sell babies and buy a young buck then that you can airship from anywhere?

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

also you say you wanted to ship in a buck (at least you and I discussed it not long ago and potential breeders you were interested in) so why pay this much in ground shipping for a buck you arent so sure about?

The other thing is you said your buck is out servicing other does -- why do you think he cant service your does?

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

I would most definitely be using your current buck before ever using this guy. Your buck has incredible potential (his breeding was my 2nd choice buck kid from CRF). Our buck from CRF is servicing does just fine and I think he's just a month younger if that?

I don't really care for this buck, his dam, or his daughters. . . but it is your choice!

11. TinyHoovesRanch

SDK: I dont want to use CRFs bucks, because almost all of them are related to my girls closely in some way, and I want new lines, plus my buck I have now is from there.

Stacey, thats right I want to get a buck shipped, but I was thinking if I found one near me then I would try to do it. And Im actually not sure about Jasper, hes been gone for over a month at my friends house, Im not even sure how big he is now!Hopefully he will be good to go and breed, but I would still need another buck because I have a couple girls that are very closely related to Jasper

Olivia, Woody was a Feb kid right? Ya Jasper was born March 22nd, he wants to breed, but then he gets lazy, so im just not sure, like I said, I havent seen ihim in over a month, he might be bigger and more determined now

12. TinyHoovesRanch

So Ive been thinking I might just get Fuddy, he has some good lines and hes got good confirmation, hes been shown and has done well.
    What do you guys think?? His moms udder is in her link!

http://auraacres.com/forsale.html

13. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I think he's a very poor quality buck. His dam's udder is lacking a lot and looks very poor quality. Fuddy's conformation isn't to hot either, very short bodied, short neck, with long legs, and to much rear leg angulation...he looks quite disproportioned. I don't see anything impressive on his pedigree either. Though he could look different in person, from the photos I would definately pass.

14. TinyHoovesRanch

Which one do you think is the best?

I can ask for updated pics of Fuddy....

15. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Of those three bucks, the first one would be my choice...if I HAD to get one. I'm not real fond of any of those three very much, but I would say the first one has the most potential. Didn't we already discuss that first buck though on another thread?

I wouldn't even ask for updated photos of Fuddy, like I said, his dam's udder is pretty poor quality...among other issues, the poor quality udder is an immediate no for me even if he had superb conformation. But it's your choice. Also, what is he registered with? I'm not very impressed with any show wins besides AGS/ADGA/NDGA. And it looks like he placed second both times he was shown also. And I have no idea what registry that is either.

I think Olivia pointed out to just use your buckling. When do you get him back? If he's supposed to be servicing does now then wouldn't he be ready for yours? Instead of bringing in another buck just a few months before your buckling should be ready to use (if not already) why not just wait? Or you could save up and possibly have enough to bring in a better buck next spring?

16. TinyHoovesRanch

17. TinyHoovesRanch

Also his mom got 1xBest Udder '09 NDGA Na'l Show

Also heres what the breeder said to me

"Fuddy Duddy is a really nice buck, his dam is one of my best milkers and his 1/2 sister was #1 in butterfat production in 2008 for ADGA and was the 2010 NDGA National Best Udder. His1/2 brother was the 2010 Reserve National Champion Jr buck. Fuddy has several other siblings with show wins as well, so you can see he's got the genetics to be a star :) "

18. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Everyone has their one preference on goat conformation. (For example, many like the goats that dont have steep/sloped rumps, but in my preference Im not breeding miniature cattle that are close to level from withers to pin bones so I like some rump drop.) Your opinion is what really matters, If you like his conformation and think he will improve on your does than go for it. If your looking for a certain trait then look for bucks with lineage that excel in that area.

Hope it helps!

19. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I stand by what I said. Though, if his dam got a 1x best udder at an NDGA National show, then that just might be a terrible photo. But from that photo I wouldn't want my buck's dam to have an udder like that. There are far superior udders out there. What registry was it that his brother was shown in? I honestly wouldn't even consider purchasing him, but that is just me and I might be trying to accomplish different things with my herd than you. He may work great for you, but from what I see I'm not impressed. I also am seeing no finished champions close up on his pedigree or milk stars or anything and haven't heard of his pedigree besides Artist's Eye.

Hidden Waters is right...you might have a vision for your herd that I don't see and it really is your decision. If you really want this buck and he fits every criteria you have for a buck, then you should do what you want.

20. TinyHoovesRanch

I can ask for another udder pic, she said its better than that pic.