The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back there was Kid names JJ down the road from me with chickens.
He was called in to city hall and someone went out, said they were going to send notification papers to get the chickens out, and left. That night JJ's chickens were killed.....

Well, today I came home sick at 12.
A lady from the city was here right as I pulled in.
I knew she was here for the goats. I had 4 sophya, cricket who was bred and due in 2-3 weeks with twin girls, Oreo my buck, and phoebe my oldest doe.

I talked to her, she said papers would be sent out formally tomorrow & that there's a meeting tomorrow about chickens and keeping them. I said ok whatever. Oh and the lady never told me her name.

Well, I left at 1:20 to head to my property with sophya and was back by 2:00.
Gate was open a foot to a foot and a half.
I knew the goats were out.
Was looking for them, and found crickets dead body. Turned around and phoebe was RIGHT behind me crying.
The first thing that popped into my head without thinking was the city.
Didn't bother looking for Oreo, called my dad and told him to turn around and come back that they were dead.
Found Oreo, put phoebe in my truck til I could put sophya in a crate and I say with phoebs so I could calm her down.

Dad got here and ruled it an animal because Oreo was scratched and bit on his body, but not head or throat.
Cricket only had a slice on her tail that was pretty clean, 2 holes on her leg (not real big), and a drop of blood on her ear. Keep in mind, was pregnant. I believe she was in so much stress she started to deliver because there was a sack right there.

Called every vet & all said they were on the outskirts of the county & couldn't make it to me.

By then I decided that I needed to do a csection but by the time I went to grab a knife, I figure it would be too late, it was already an hour from my arrival.

Neighbor said he saw 2 huskies run through his yard an into mine. .....

Now, I have 2 chihuahuas that are hunters and have killed plenty of *****/squirrels and went over dogs. One is tied up because she's so bad. The other is not.
I also have a chicken running around loose.
Wellllllll, none of them are touched.

Mom called JJs mom and she said probably humans.

My thoughts are this, no animal wild enough to chase my goats to kill but not eat are 1 smart enough to open the gate nor 2 dumb enough to walk by my soul survivor and let her get out.
She is the first one out that gate by 99.9% of the time.

What do y'all think? I'm devastated.

·
Registered
10,755 Posts
I don't know Emilie, but why would the city kill your goats, wouldn't they be able to just have a order signed by the courts forcing you to get rid of them? Or do you think this person is an imposter and not really from the city?

·
I'm watching you
22,549 Posts
Hm, this one is weird.

Where I live those notices come in the mail and the county inspector comes out and takes sneaky pictures of whatever is wrong. They don't confront you at all. If it was an animal complaint then Animal Control would be the ones dealing with it. After the notices had been sent out and ignored.
I think I would start by going to the proper office and seeing if a complaint has been lodged against you. I'm going to be really curious to see if a notice or ticket show up in the mail tomorrow.

·
I'm watching you
22,549 Posts
Oh, and my neighbor has a husky. He doesn't open gates and scratch things. He grabs body parts through the fence and pulls them into his yard. He also buries everything he kills.

·
Super Moderator
14,798 Posts
There's a few things that kinda pop into my head.....1 this neighbor that saw these dogs go into your place does that person own any dogs. My hound can climb a chain link fence so even if you have a fence doesn't mean this persons dog didn't get in and he opened the gate to get them out once he seen them.
My other thought is this lady is actually a person who lives by and has a issue with animals being in that area and she's a sick B****. Did someone turn in the owner with the chickens???? If so even though animal control the city who ever will not give you a name and will most likely say its a call in with no name but I bet you $100 they have a name. I know this because that's what happened to us with my old mare and long story short I know someone at animal control and got the name even though everyone else said it was a random call in. Any ways so there's most likely a name some where. I would call the police back tell them what this lady looks like and see if they will find the name and check it out. If not then on your free time I would drive around and look for this lady and if she did live by me I would kill her pet dog cat rat what ever break out every window in her house and slash her tires......see if she comes back then!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
If not then on your free time I would drive around and look for this lady and if she did live by me I would kill her pet dog cat rat what ever break out every window in her house and slash her tires......see if she comes back then!!!!
Killing more innocent animals wont help anything pets dont choose their owners. :(
But if they do find the someone who did this... I'd take dog **** and put it in their air conditioning unit... Spray paint goat killer on the front of their house.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
[QUOTE="Jessica84;1557376"I would drive around and look for this lady and if she did live by me I would kill her pet dog cat rat what ever break out every window in her house and slash her tires......see if she comes back then!!!![/QUOTE]

You be SCARY!! I'm right there with ya tho

·
www.wildheartsranch.org
2,343 Posts
Whoever this lady was, she can't be on your property without permission. Even law enforcement needs a warrant. Even if all she did was accidentally leave the gate open she is STILL liable as she had no right or business opening it in the first place. Definitely find out who she was and press charges.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Oh my gosh... Emilie I'm so sorry... I seriously have no words for this... Why would someone do this!? It's definitely humans, especially based on what you've said above, it's hard for me to believe it's something else. This needs to be reported, I'm so so so sorry Emilie! :(

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
You need to contact the city and find out if any code enforcement officers were set to be out at your place or JJ's place. If yes, you need to request to speak to that person at the main office (city hall most likely). With a supervisor of that person in front of you and her, you need to ask if she has huskies or like dogs. If its all on the up and up, this person my just be insane and letting her dogs attack and kill other animals. Freaky but possible.

Now if you find out that no code enforcement officers was scheduled to be out there, you need to spend some time driving around and looking for that vehicle. Do it as often as you can. It should be someone close so dont worry about going more then say, 6-8 blocks or 1-2 miles away from you place. Id focus mainly on connecting properties that you dont know the owners.

Not sure if the above will lead to anything but it will at least give you the satisfaction of doing something. Am terribly sorry for your loss.

·
The more time we spend with goats, the wiser we be
1,622 Posts
I wouldn't kill her animals, but let me tell you... I would find creative ways to maker her life miserable and costly (not forever, just temporary)! Slash her car tires, (I know machines so I would >>> Destroy her car; leaving the fix hard to find, etc. I got REALLY mad just reading this. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel right now.

Now after I vented my frustrations toward this person... My condolences (to you). :hug: I hope you can find out who did this!

If it was a person from the city/county they would have identified them right away! We had someone here this summer doing a soil test. He couldn't identify himself faster!!

Again... I'm sorry this happened to you! Please keep us posted! :wink: :hug:

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I have long message in my head to the person. It will be posted in the near future :) So sorry, prayers that it will get better

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Wow!! So sorry this happened:( I'm still trying to figure out why such a disregard for animals. Killing chickens, now this really? Do you live on acreage? I'm shocked that is just awful:( I would definitely find out who that lady was, I'd be calling the city 1st thing in the AM. Definitely a human or humans were involved at some point. The dogs may have helped with someone helping them... That's just horrid... :(

·
The more time we spend with goats, the wiser we be
1,622 Posts
You need to contact the city and find out if any code enforcement officers were set to be out at your place or JJ's place. If yes, you need to request to speak to that person at the main office (city hall most likely). With a supervisor of that person in front of you and her, you need to ask if she has huskies or like dogs. If its all on the up and up, this person my just be insane and letting her dogs attack and kill other animals. Freaky but possible.

Now if you find out that no code enforcement officers was scheduled to be out there, you need to spend some time driving around and looking for that vehicle. Do it as often as you can. It should be someone close so dont worry about going more then say, 6-8 blocks or 1-2 miles away from you place. Id focus mainly on connecting properties that you dont know the owners.

Not sure if the above will lead to anything but it will at least give you the satisfaction of doing something. Am terribly sorry for your loss.
I 2nd this!

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
It's ridiculous how people don't even care about the living, breathing souls that are someone's whole life when they kill an animal. It's so heartless.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts