The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Goats
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this doe back in November who was supposedly bred. Three days after getting her home, this stringy discharge with a sort of bulb at the end (shown below) appeared. She started pawing at the ground, grunting, getting up and down, and had kinda gummy ligs; all what I thought to be labor signs. She didn’t have an udder and she never gave birth. I had the vet do a pregnancy blood test in mid-Jan and she came up positive. I have no bucks on my farm, so she couldn’t have been bred here. She never gave birth, so now I’m just curious as to what may have happened. I’ve yet to have a doe kid, my first one is due any time now. Any opinions are welcome!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Strange! 😂 she must like to confuse you!
I have never had this much discharge with my does. Usually they just have a tiny bit. I have no idea why she had this much though. How long ago did she have this discharge? And could you possibly ask her previous owners to find out when she was bred?
Judging from the pictures,she doesn’t look to far along in her pregnancy, but I can’t really tell. You just never know with goats. 😂

·
Registered
Goats
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange! 😂 she must like to confuse you!
I have never had this much discharge with my does. Usually they just have a tiny bit. I have no idea why she had this much though. How long ago did she have this discharge? And could you possibly ask her previous owners to find out when she was bred?
Judging from the pictures,she doesn’t look to far along in her pregnancy, but I can’t really tell. You just never know with goats. 😂
She had it back in November, so there’s no way she’s preggers now since i don’t have a buck. And the people we bought her from got her from an auction and only had her for two weeks. She was with a buck at the auction and the people we got her from had a buck break into her pen. She’s wacky 😂😑

1 - 5 of 5 Posts