Need opinions on a doe - UPDATE - cha-cha pics added

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Dec 18, 2007.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok, everyone knows about my little Daisy that is pregnant but we are unsure if she was prego when I got her or not, and we all think she will go by Christmas - well, she was standing next to my Fiona, and wow - maybe Fiona is prego???

So -

Daisy is the WHite with black cow looking doe that is confirmed prego on Sept 29th with twins.

Fiona is the black with white. On ultrasound day - we could not see anything in the oven. She is about 1 1/2 - 2 years always been with bucks and never freshened. What do you think by looking at her?

Fiona is just as big as Daisy, but her "thickness" is farther forward then my confirmed prego goat. She is not as friendly, so it is hard to get pics of her. She did seem "pouty" in the back end when she ran from me the other day -

Please let me know...... I am thinking about bringing her to the city for another ultrasound.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    She looks big like she is pregnant. I am no expert as you all know but I am guessing that she is.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would say she looks preggy but i have seen some nice and round open does as well. Worth the peace of mind to check it out if you can offord it :D

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yah, it is a friend of mine who does the ultrasound, so she charges me $25.00 if she finds something, and free is there is nothing found!

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    oh good then I would go ahead and have her ultrasounded!

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my that is awesome!!! yah I would get her scaned again.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I had a vet ultra sound some goats for a clinic a few years ago. He was about 50% correct on the goats. That means for multiple babies and pregnant does.
    If you can get a good butt shot I would be able to have a better chance of telling you. I would NEVER try to tell someone that a goat is Prego just because they have a very health rumen.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I will try to catch her - try being the key word!

If I can get her, I can put her in the milk stand and get some good pics for ya!

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    She looks pregnant to me. I have a doe who's been bred many times. Well two actually and both look bigger than open does. One "might" be pregnant the other I'm pretty positive isn't.

So yes I'd say yours is!

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont' believe anyone was trying to be misleading.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Stacie, I never intended it to sound like that. I just have a very good friend that has some of the largest Cashmere goats I have ever seen. At all the shows, every one always asks if they are pregnant because they really look like they are caring twins or triplets, maybe even quads. I was just saying that I would never try to guess because if you had no idea about these goats you would swear that they were pregos. Matter of fact they are so large that it is really hard on them for deliveries.

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I would definatly have her scanned again...she does look preggy to me...the rumen being on the left, her right side looks very big! As big as she is if you do get her on the milk stand and you can calm her, place your hand flat against the bottom of her belly just in front of her udder, you may be able to feel a kid move against it.

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sweetgoats - I totaly understand :D

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    OK, so here are the cha cha pics. Sorry that they are not the best -

My DH built me a milk stand, but didn't bother to measure the height of the goats - LOL! So, needless to say, they were stretched to the max to try and reach the head holder so it was hurry up and take them and then let her loose!

Please tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
  16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    YEP, she is Prego for sure. When will she Kid?? who knows.

17. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Guessing game!!!!!! Goats love that game.... ergh!

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Fiona

Have no darn clue - was just hoping she was finally prego ! LOL!

She has a scrapie tag in her ear, and so we were able to trace back that she is almost 2 years old. Never kidded before and was always with a buck.

Did an ultrasound on Sept 29th, both rectal and vaginal - showed nothing. I am thinking about drawing blood and dropping it off at the vet to have an HCG reading on it,

If she is prego - would it be safe to move her 40 minutes each way to the vet?

depending on when she kids will also tell me possibly who the daddy is! LOL! She was with the same male as Daisy before I got her. Then with Gabriel for a while, and then Joe Dirt and Gabriel since October - LOL! What a little hooker! :ROFL: Mabey that is why she loves little Joe Dirt so much???

Here are pics of the possible sires - Man that just sounds bad!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I was going to say pregnant but sweetgoats beat me to it ;)

Any of those sires would make cute kids!

depending on how upset she gets with being put in a car/truck and how bad you want to know would be my determining factors for taking her to the vet or not

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She is just a little booger to catch! LOL!

When the people before me got her - if I can remember right - they were told if you can catch her you can have her. And trust me it is a bit difficult to get her....LOL!

I will call the vet, and see what she wants to do!

Thanks
    Allison