Need Oppinions . . .

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Idahodreamer, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Well, last year when I put in Starland as my third choice name, I was actually quite positive my first or second choice would go through . . . boy was I surprised to find Starland had gone from third-unimportant-choice to herdname. :doh:
    Since none of my kids got registered that year anyway, I never got to use my new herdname.
    Now after an entire year of pondering, (no kidding) my mom and I came up with a unique name for our farm. :D It start's with Strawberry, as our farm is covered in wild strawberries in spring. You can find enough of those tiny things for a pie!
    Anyway, the Q is: Should I wait until my kids or born, or should I grab my herdname while it's still available?
    I grabbed it last year but my kids ended up being stillborn, and Daisy's kids are the only ones getting registered this year. . .and only her doe kids, at that.
    What should I do?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you want Strawberry or something like it then yes you need to pay ADGA to change your herd name

not sure if you can change it with AGS - you will just have to reregister or something like that.

contact the registry you have your goats registered with and find out what it is you need to do.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You can change your herdname with both registries. I would grab them now if it were me. :)

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yes, I'd grab it quick while it's available. If you plan to double-register your goats, then I'd get them while they're available. That way it can be the same - also try to get the same tattoo prefix for both registries. That would be such a pain to have to make two different tattoos! (especially for the goat)

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I think you should grab it now too. And agreed about the tattoos. That was my main concern about double registering anyone. Multiple tattooing would suck.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Agree with the others...

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Okay, thanks! going to get everything together that I need as soon as my finals are over! woot! :leap: