need quick response

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sixshooterfarm, Jan 15, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    is Ivermectin pour on safe for pregnant does? And how do you guys give it, along the back or oraly
  2. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I'm sorry, but I've never used a pour on. Hopefully someone else will know. Denise

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I have never used anything but ivermectin paste and i know thats safe for pregnant does.
  4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I have used the pour on down the back when I had a mite problem with my goats. I used it triple the cattle dose down the spine from neck to tail head, just part the hair and use a syringe without the needle to squirt it on the skin . You will hear alot of horror stories from some who say the hair will fall out but a very trusted breeder Maggidans Minis helped me with using it this way and none of my goats had a problem and it got rid of the mites and my goats eye lids were so nice and red and I had to use it every two weeks for a month and half to break the cycle of the mites.
  5. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Sevin dust will work for mites as well and from what I have read it is a lot safer than pour on meds.

Goats have a thinner skin than cattle and I would never use a pour on.

The only thing with sevin is be carefull not to get it in the eyes of young ones.
  6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Actually Sevin dust is EXTREMLY caustic - that is why it works!

When my mom told me how dangerous it is if not properly handled it makes me wonder why we are so nervous about using a drug that is made FOR animals over a pesticide.

But after reading the lable that it is safe on dogs and cats I have used it and do recomend using it BUT WITH caution and do give the poor animal a bath if possible a few days following the dusting.

just my 2cents