Need some help

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, Oct 10, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I need to do a 5 page research report for school and the topic I've chosen(they gave me a list of topics) is why healthcare should not be free for Americans, aka why we shoudln't have universal healthcare. I have enough internet resources, but according to my school counselor I need at least one source from a newspaper or magazine article and one from a book if I can find it. I haven't been able to find any on the subject that were against universal healthcare.

If anybody has heard of a book or knows of an article, please let me know.

I don't want this to turn into a political argument and although I love to hear everybody's opinions, I cannot use them for my report.

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    bump

anybody? :shrug:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry Sarah....I wouldn't know about any books or articles on the subject...I don't get "out" much and what I do hear is usually in the evening news. I hope you get what you are looking for.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Yeah same here, I don't get any newspapers or news magazines, so I wouldn't know. Lots of books on the other side of hte subject :roll:

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Try National Health Care or something . . . or search Amazon.com for books . . .if you come up with one look it up in the library. . . best I can do. :) have fun . . . lol, don't you just love school assignments?

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I looked on amazon, came up with a book that wasn't on healthcare but it was about how government run things don't work so that might help.

Oh, school assignments are so lovely, worst part is the list of topics they gave me a super liberal which doesn't help me at all :hair: :roll:

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I know what you mean! I have a 6 page report due Wed. that I haven't even started on. LOL!

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL My last research report I did it at the last minute, got a 94 on it though :cool: Last minute things I always seem to do good on :D

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Same here. ( It's because goat people are smart :) LOL!

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I wouldn't say we are smart, I'd say goat people can just think up good solutions really fast :D

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    That is a better way to put it! ( I"m not very good with words)

12. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I'd do a check on the net for the British health system or the Japanese health system- both have universal coverage and so should appear in any books or articles.

PBS did a special not too long ago that looked at a number of health care systems, what problems were with each kind, etc.

Also Michael Moore has been on a kick lately about universial health care and a search of his name may turn up the sources you need.

13. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
  14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks, i'll check those out. If I can't find a book I think I may email Rush Limbaugh and see if he knows of anything :)

15. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Hey I'll save you the trouble. . . he doesn't.