The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Is the tattoo for 2008 going to be "Y"? I know there are a few letters skipped and I don't see anything on the ADGA site yet so I'm just wanting to double-check. I need to tattoo a couple '08 kids in the morning.

Thanks!
Kristen

·
Registered
246 Posts
the tattoo here will be 08 and A for the first kid B for the second and so on. this way i always know which year the doe is born, no need to get the books out to check which letter was for what year :wink: i don't use G I O Q U

·
Registered
809 Posts
Susanne, if you want to register your goats usually the registry wants you to use the assigned letter for that year. 2007 (for ADGA) was X, 2008 it is Y. I believe that you have registered Nubians, right? If you are planning on registering the kids you should definitely see which letter your registry uses.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think all the registries say this is the "suggested" letter for this year. I don't think you have to use their letter but it makes it easier on me to use the letter they choose for the year.

We used the same system you're describing though when we raised rabbits for Pel-Freez (sp?). We only tattooed the ones we registered and kept for breeding stock and it was an easy system. I can see why you like it!

Kristen

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Your right, those are only suggested letters. The two goats we got last year have 702 and 703 in their ears. 7 for 2007 and 02 and 03 for the order they are born in.

·
Registered
246 Posts
my goats/kids are all adga registered with this numbering system. adga only suggested but does not make it mandatory to use their system. the tattoo has to be the same as on the registration papers :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts