The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Nubians due 14th and 18th. The one due the 14th went from having rock hard ligs the last 2 weeks and all day of checking and all of a sudden to very sunken almost not feelable tonight . I put her in the kidding stall with the other doe. How likely do nubians go on day 146. She needed assistance as ff year and half ago with twins so I'm worried I'll miss it and shell need help. Do I stay up? Checks thru the night? I can run out and get pics if that helps. Have pics posted in waiting from yesterday. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
I think it would be too much of a blanket statement to say nubians usually do or do not kid on day 146. Each doe is different and their kiddings can be unique. I say if you can't feel her ligs, her udder is full or tight, and she starts acting like she may be close, then it would be good to check on her. She's a bit early, but sometimes they do that. Do you remember or know if she kidded early last year? What was her kidding "routine" like? Now that she's a second freshener...I don't think i'd worry too much about her, but understand why you'd want to be there.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Previous owner just told me she had a rough delivery of twins. She was bred to a 3/4 Nubian 1/4 boer this time, thinking the smaller size may be a little better on her. Wasn't expecting any signs yet, was surprised of the sudden change when I did a before bed check. May just check every couple hours.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ligs are gone now, will update on her waiting thread.

Sent from my iPad using GoatSpot

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
If she is having higher multiples that can cause her to go early, although most of mine that had triplets were always late :/ I did have an Alpine kid on day 146 this year, she had two healthy kids. She was kind of like yours though, had rock hard ligs went out the next morning and they were gone. She had her kids around noon.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks were day 147 pretty sure they are coming today, no ligs dropped rock hard udder hollering antsy etc. just waiting to see that string of goo...she had twins last time, so maybe trips??

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Good luck! We want to see pics for sure!!:cool:

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Sounds like she should have them. From my own experience almost all of my does never have a string of goo until their water breaks and they are in hard labor. lol If you notice her arching her back and her tail, those are contractions and kids should be coming soon.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No contractions yet, prelabor still going. She hates it when I leave. She been licking and pawing me. Hopefully in a couple hours. Taking a lunch break right now.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
13 hours of prelabor activities. How long does this last? None of my others went over 10 hours without kids.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
not a clue. my doe showed zero signs of anything. then I woke up and there was a half dry kid....

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Following the doe code to the tee! Maybe the thunderstorms this afternoon will help...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts