Need to vent a little!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by KW Farms, Aug 14, 2008.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Alright...soooooo... I've been working on my website today, making new pages for the goats. It took me probably an hour to put 10 goats on there...describe them, pictures, the whole thing. I get the very last one on there and what do ya know our computer freezes!!!! :GAAH: So I had to shut the whole thing down and nothing saved!!! Grrrr! That took forever! :veryangry:

Oh well... :sigh: ...I'll just have to work on it some more tomorrow I guess. Darn it! I do feel a bit better after venting! Thanks guys! :wink:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow, i know what you mean! i lose things constantly, grr. yeah venting helps alot!! hope the website goes well.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    venting is a way to go..............................What I did when I had a freezing computer ,(do not have one anymore),I remember the word I said "NO"oooooooooooo,and then I cussed...(beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..........................do this, when you are working on your website (((which is so much work)))),,,I know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, save your work as you go so if it freezes,,at least it won't take all your work...................I had a computer like that I wanted to take out to the creek and put it out of it's misery~shoot it between it's hard drive! :angry:

remember.................. save as you work `~!!!! It is less painful............

for freezing problems have you defraged lately and cleaned up temp files or cookies?

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :ROFL:

I've only had this happen to me once...i've had the computer for like 3 years! I went through some stuff I could delete and I *now* am saving as I go....like every 5 goats to make sure it doesn't happen again!

Thanks for letting me vent!

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Boy have I had more than my fair share of computer problems. What I've learned to do (after losing everything I've worked on man times) is to save almost after every change I make. It helps to save yourself the headache. Besides, you never know when its going to freeze and if you saved it you don't have to worry.

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Oh I know how you feel! I have terrible internet, and I'm forever writing out long replies to posts, only to have my page reset and poof its gone! :angry: