Need to vent . . .gonna Bllllooooowwww

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sonrise Farm, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    :hair: N'kay . . . I submitted Silverleaf, Sonrise and something else for herd name and they are all taken! I can't think up anymore names . . . except maybe Xanadu Nigerians, or maybe Crooked Creek or . . . .ahhhhh!!! :hair:

Does anyone have ideas? This is starting to get ridiculous :GAAH:

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    How about something to "honor" your mare or even one of your goats names?
    Anything "unique" to you or your goats is a good "name"

I chose Dollys Acre to honor a little pygmy doe I lost.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Mine is Sunset Lake Ranch because of being able to see the sunset over the lake.

Now my hubby said that the owls were out and I think that it was you that mentioned something about owls the other day -

What about something like Owl Haven

Or since you are very spiritual -

Angel Creek

I will think through out the day.

Why don't you type up the things that are important to you, animals / peoples names that are very important to you and the lay of your property and what you see, hear, smell.... that will help

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    well, here are some names I'm going to submit this time:

Starland
    Pine Creek
    Sonrise Ridge

or maybe Crooked Creek.

keep them coming though . . . I will need all the heads on this as possible . .. .

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We chose Capriola - Caprine, first part of my name, Ol, and first part of my cousin's name (and goatie partner) A.
    Capri - Ol - A It's unique, I thought. :)

I'm trying to think some up. . . . the following names look a little funny but maybe you'll like them. They go along with your original names but spelled differently.

SunRyz Ridge
    SunRyze Farm
    Sunrize Farm
    SilverLeif
    Sonrize Farm/Ridge

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Thankyou. :greengrin: I like sonrize Ridge and silver leif. :thumb:

7. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    there is a Crooked Creek boer goat farm here in NC- what about Silver lake? Or something like Moonbeam minis? I was going to use that when I got into pygmies a few years back-we switched to boers though-

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i know pine creek is taken my friend jennifer in oregon has it. so is silverlake as well, i just looked it up silver pond is taken silver river is taken as well. Im looking through the adga herd name database right now. there is also a sonrise ridge ranch so i doubt they will let you have that one. Starland wasnt taken as of the 08 book.
    beth

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    You could even spell Silver Leaf like this. . . . Sylver Leaf. Or you can put ID Sonrise Farm (ID for Idaho, your state). I've seen that before.

10. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    What about Sylver Creek?

11. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Ours is Pine Pod Farm. The story behind our farm name is we have a bunch of pine trees on our property and our basement is our earth home and my brother always called it the Pod and we needed to come up with a herd name so we could register our goats and sheep at the time so we decided on Pine Pod Farm.

12. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Well, I got my herdname: Starland. So it's going to be Sonrise Farm and Starland Nigerians . . . how does that sound? My mom's cousins live on a farm named Starland so I thought it was be cool . . . tell me your oppinions . . .and cheers for me!!! :stars: :stars: :stars: . . . .

13. ArcticGoats

ArcticGoats New Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Hey - I like it!!! :clap: :clap:

I'm new to all this - what does it take to get a 'herd name'? or a 'farm name'? Since I haven't bred anything yet and have cashmeres which aren't registered it might be a moot point but we did want a farm name (have it all picked out even) but is there something official to do?

Anyway - sonrise and starland go great together!

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Unless you register your goats with an organization then there's nothing you need to do to make it "official". :) You could make health records for all kids born at your farm with the herdname on it. . . . business cards, flyers, etc.

15. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    If you are going with any registry I advise you not to email or snail mail your top # herdnames .. . call them, and go over your favorite ones with whoever handles the herdnames.
    It actually took me almost two weeks to get a herdname because all the ones I liked were taken . . . so go ahead and call them . . .