Need your good thoughts and prayers for Desperado

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by redneck_acres, Nov 7, 2007.

1. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Hi folks,

We need your thoughts and/or prayers for my folks oldest buck, Desperado. He is recovering from having kidney stones and we are hoping he can pull through this. Thanks to our aweasome friend who is very knowledgeable in goat business and who traveled all the way to our place to help us, Trish. It wasn't a very pretty process but he did have a bunch of little stones that he passed(even though scary it was rather interesting to see). He was put into a light sleep for the procedure so thankfully was happy for a bit. Now if we can just get some more water in him that'll help. But, your well wishes and prayers are greatly appreciated. He is still not completely out of the woods as he has a chance at having a big stone in there still if we missed any.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Good Luck and our thoughts are with you all!

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I do hope he will be ok- that is such a painful condition for the poor boy. Thank goodness for such a good and knowledgible friend.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my that is sad!!! Praying for him.

Glad you had such a friend who could help you, what a God send.

5. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    one of my bucks had stones earlier this year. the vet cut the pizzel(sp) off & then i drenched him with 60cc of acv mixed with water & ac three times a day. on the 2nd day he peed like there was no tomorrow. i kept drenching him for another 2 days & he has been fine ever since.
    :pray: that he does as well.

6. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Yeah, I think that is something similar to what our friend did for him to. It sounds weird-but if it works and he is fertile next year than it is worth it. It is still dark here so we can't tell much on how he is doing yet.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hope all turns out for the best.
    How on earth did you get the stones to pass? Did they cut the tip off?

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Desperado passed away in his sleep today. Evidently there must have been a big one that was developed. I'm not sure what exactly was cut off-dont think it was much. It was supposed to help with passing the stones-but like I say I think there must have been a bigger stone lodged somewhere that we didn't know of. It's definately something that we've never had to deal with before-even a long time ago when my folks had LaManchas.

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am sooooo sorry!

My thoughts are with you all!

10. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    :hug: i am soooo sorry that you lost him. it is a hard thing to deal with & i was very lucky to have caught mine early.

11. cornishwlr

cornishwlr New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    louisiana
    I am sorry to hear that he didn't make it.

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    OH! I am so sorry! Atleast you know you did all you could.

13. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    there is so much pain with trying to pass a stone, that i doubt, if he died in his sleep, that that was the cause. perhaps he was just too stressed by the whole ordeal, especially being older. or maybe he had suffered kidney damage?
    i am glad that he did die in his sleep; that is a much more peaceful way to die than suffering with a stone. i am sorry you have lost him. i just hate this part of loving our pets. they leave such big holes behind in our hearts/lives.

14. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    So sorry you lost him. :-(

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Sorry you lost him :hug:

16. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    You couldn't have done more for him- I"m so aorry you lost him.

17. getchagoat

getchagoat New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    waco ky
    Sorry you lost him. It happens sometimes no matter how much you try to do. I think you did as well as anyone could have.

18. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Yeah, my folks never had so many issues with the LaManchas-but seems like the Saanens always seem to find trouble. Thankfully he has lots of great does and kids on the place and some of his swimmers are preserved in the semen tank. One thing we are grateful for is that the young buck that broke his leg earlier this year is mending great and is walking around fine on his leg now. Although he will not be used again this year so as not to risk his leg getting injured again. Thankfully(Knock-on-wood) all the other critters on the place seem to be in great shape.

19. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Sorry he didn't make it. Hopefully it comforts you that he went in his sleep.

20. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Yeah, I think that would be one of the best ways to go.