Need your help please #2

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Fire x Abba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fire x Blue

90.0%
  3. Fire x Bucky

10.0%
  1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok then we also have Fire - my Nubian doeling born 05/08 -

I am thinking about Mini Nubians for this year - but what would you think??

Here is Fire -

[​IMG]

And should she be bred by :

Abba - reg nigi - Ceasars Villa buck

[​IMG]

Blue - reg nigi - Blue eyes - Old Castle Buck

[​IMG]

Bucky - reg Nubian (DOB 11/07) Goldswaithe Buck

[​IMG]

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I love Abba! :love: If you are really wanting to do Mini-Nubians then I'd definitely go with him but if you decide to go with standard Nubians, then Bucky. Is Bucky ready to be breeding yet??

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I love nubians! I think I would go with full instead of minis, but if you do decide to do minis then I would use Blue.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    There are 2 reasons that I was thinking mini nubians

1.) Fire is pretty small - and scared about breeding her to a full size Nubian

2.) I think Bucky still thinks he is a "boy toy" if you catch my drift :ROFL:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I say breed her to bucky if he doesnt get down to business then go with Abba (I am not sure if blue eyes are a fault in the mini nubian breed so I would check into that if you breed her to Blue).

You did purchase Bucky for Fire so I think that you should give them a chance.

6. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    are those sheep at the back? What breed are they? Can you PM me? I have a freak sheep that looks like that but she is no different breed to my other sheep!!!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    sent you a PM

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I vote that you try and breed her to Bucky. He's beautiful and it would be great if you could see what he will produce. I know how you feel about her possibly being too small though. If he can't do it than I vote for Abba. :wink:

9. DopeyOpie

DopeyOpie New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Canada
    I don't know anything about breeding goats, but I just wanted to say that your guys are beautiful! Abba is adorable.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you - Abba is my new buck that will be here on the 16th. I was supposed to get him this week - but with the weather it just was not working out as we are trying to meet half way.

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison...I think for Crackers first freshening I would probably go with Blue, given her size now and you have the choice, I'd give her the benefit of smaller kids. BE are not a fault with mini nubes.

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    When I took Blue in to the pen to breed Sherbert tonight, I turned for a sec to look at the sheep, to turn back around to see Blue now throw Fire into the wall, if you read the other post in the Need your help please original thread.

Anyway, she wasn't flagging, the teaser wether was not chasing her - she hunched though for a few - what do you think???

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hard to say ... mark it down and then keep checking. Is she normally very noticiable with her heats?

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    My vote is Abba, can't go wrong with CV in my opinion and minis would be better for a first kidding.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Honestly, i have never seen her in heat before. She was a May 08 doeling, bottle baby, from a feeding wall of npples - if you know what i mean. She is not going to be bred for a bit, so I have some extra time to decide.

now i bought a scale that will weigh up to 50 pounds and I have a house scale, so I will try to get a weight on her, but I really think she is to young, small to breed yet.