Need your help please

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Dobie x Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dobie x Abba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blingz x Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Blingz x Abba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Blanca x Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Blanca x Abba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ginger x Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ginger x Abba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sherbert x Blue

11.1%
  10. Sherbert x Abba

88.9%
  1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok - so i have 5 confirmed pregnancies on the ranch

Dora (alpine x) x Lil Man (boer) - due Feb 28
    Trisha (nub) x Lil Man (boer) - due Mar 22
    Snow (reg nigi) x Joe (reg nigi) - due Mar 24
    Boots (boer/sanaan) x Lil Man (boer) - due Apr 21
    Trinity (reg nigi) x Joe (reg nigi) OR Blue (reg nigi) - due Apr 22

Ones that I belive for sure are preggers - but not tested to confirm yet

Daisie mae (pygmy) x Blue (reg nigi) due May 6
    Jewelz (reg nigi) x Blue (reg nigi) due May 6
    Lola (boer/sanaan) x Blue (reg nigi) due May 7
    Twilight (nigi) x Blue (reg nigi) due May 13

So here is my dilema -

I don't know who to breed who to for the rest of them!!!! LOL!!! :GAAH: So I am going to ask for your help!!! Please cast your vote above for which doe with which buck. I am listing their pictures and a little about them - but detailed pedigrees are on my website........

DOES

Dobie - reg nigi - with waddles

[​IMG]

Blanca - reg nigi - BE

[​IMG]

Blingz - reg nigi - waddles

[​IMG]

Ginger - reg nigi -

[​IMG]

Sherbert - nigi - DOB May 08

[​IMG]

BUCKS

Blue - reg nigi - BE

[​IMG]

Abba - reg nigi - CEASARS VILLA

[​IMG]

Bucky - reg nubian - Goldswaithe lines (smaller - DOB 11/07)

[​IMG]

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    They are al very nice...but here is what I chose.
    DobieXAbba
    BlancaXBlue
    BlinzXBlu
    GingerXAbba
    SherbertXBlue

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I would breed Abba to all does as I like him best - his bloodlines are awesome and I'd be so excited to get some kids on the ground from him!! :D I want him. . . . . :sigh:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Diddo what Olivia said. He is a really nice boy and I don't think you could go wrong breeding him to all the girls, or at least most.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I would be scared that if i bred everyone to Abba, I would want to keep all his kids -and then I would be in an issue because I want to keep Abba also. hehehehe - oh what to do........

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I really like Blue -- I think he and Dobie would make beautiful kids!

I said Blanca to Abba because of the chance of Abba blue eyed kids --- way cool

I think that Blues coloring will complement Blingz and wow a chance of blue eyes for that match up!

Ginger to Abba -- well because you need another bred to Abba and again coloring, I think it will be a nice match up

Why Blue to Sherbert? -- because blue eyed pet kids sell well :D

7. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I too would probably breed all my Nigerian's to Abba. Just to see what he would throw with each for the first time. But I can understand why you wouldn't want to do that.

Now Abba's bloodline tell's me is probably can improve rear and fore udder attachments, so is there any doe that may need improvement in that area. If so breed him to those does as the offspring had a better chance for mammary improvement.
    From his picture he seems to stand on strong, correct legs, and has nice rear width about him. Maybe breed to those does that need improvement in those areas. :shrug:

That is how I choose my breeding matchup's... for improvement in certain areas, but I also look deep into the bloodlines as well to see if I can breed for certain lines.

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    This is what I voted for (since you said you didn't want to breed them all the Abba hehe :greengrin: ):

Dobie X Abba (I think they would make BEAUTIFUL babies!!!)
    Blanca X Abba (because she is blue-eyed, so you would still have a change of blue-eyes with breeding her to Abba)
    Blingz X Abba
    Ginger X Blue
    Sherbert X Blue

9. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Dobie x Abba -
    Blanca x Abba
    Blinz x Abba
    Ginger x Blu
    Sherbert x Blu

Without knowing your girls or how their confirmation or udder is - or knowing what you're needing improvement on, or even knowing Blu or Abbas kids and what they could/have improved on - that's what I'd do.

Good luck - whatever you decide you know you'll have some CUTE CUTE CUTE babies!!!

I'm so glad you're so far away - it's been rolling over and over again in my head thinking of adding a Nigerian buck (beating myself up daily for letting go of E.T.) --- been tempted to trade one of the doe kids for a Nigerian buck a few times...just have to stop myself sometimes (which means come kidding season, I'm going to have to stay offline or I'll end up with one) LOL !!! :).

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Bona Fide - I am ALL about trading for the cost of shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to talk!!!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    ok - well I am getting ansie - and I am going to take some pics that are hopefully "decent" so that you can see a little confirmation.

I know with Blanca, I would definately like to help her udder attachment and capacity.

Dobie, Blingz, and Sherbert are FF with no knowledge on their dam or sires milking lines.

Ginger is Sherberts dam - but never got to see her in Milk - but I used to own both her dam and sire. Her dam's last udder was aweful! But never saw Ginger's

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I would breed the FF to Blue, as you won't know ifthey need improving on udders until they freshen...but then again with 2 bucks to choose from it is difficult! BE are super nice for pet and show quality goaties and given chance, I would snatch up a black BE doe in a heartbeat! I don't envy your decisions at all...I'm just glad that my decision for Binky's beau was a simple one!

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thanks smarty pants - :slapfloor:

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    No problem....always willing to lighten the load a bit :ROFL:

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, tonight when I got home my wether was riding my little Sherbert - so I thought what the heck - lets see what happens. She was flagging up a storm too - so I brought Blue in and he got right to business - I must laugh because he finished so hard - the poor little girl went head first into the side of the barn.... She then walked all over the place with her back legs up farther then her front legs - I seriously couldn't help but roll laughing at the poor girl - she is so tiny and cute - :ROFL:

But after that she wanted nothing to do with him - just time to eat. Now let me ask this. The boys are in a stall right next to the girls but it is wood paneling. They can spit and romance through the panels, but that is it - not like chain link - Blue has not been doing the "normal" rutt. No peeing on himself, no snorting at the girls - nothing. Could it be because there is a teaser wether that is with the girls that is pretty "snotty" or because Blue is so timid??

16. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    oh poor girl!! maybe she got a concussion ahah

my buck kevin doesn't really do his whole song and dance.. which is nice cause he isn't covered in pee most times.. i keep mine stalled with the other buck. so he is second in command.. maybe that's got something to do with it

17. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    he probably isnt a very dominant buck or just less into the whole smelly thing