I know I'm new here and so you don't know me but I've read enough from you all to know that you give good advice. I really need all your help with this decision... I want to make the right decision with my head as well as my heart. Here's the dilemma: My hubby has been out of work since last fall. I've been learning and hoping to get goats this spring. He said yes, I can. However, money to buy them with is a huge issue. I already have a secure fenced area ready with the igloo dog house ready, with all the hay they need and can get their minerals and other if needed. It's just the upfront cost of buying them that is difficult right now. So, if money were no object I wouldn't get these two goats but since it is I am seriously considering buying them. They are a 12 week old weather and 12 week old doeling. Their father has been the Grand Champion Buck and Best of Show the last two years at the big fair here. He is registered, their moms aren't registered but look very nice. I had planned on getting Nigerian Dwarfs, an unregistered wether and a registered doeling. But, the cost for a registered doeling is around $200 here. I can't pay that this year. So, I decided to get an unregistered doeling. I do want to breed her in the future - the last couple of years both registered and unregistered kids seem to be selling well in this area. I found a man yesterday that has a wether and doeling available. His price is $35 for each. They have horns, I didn't want my goats to have horns but some people say it's no big deal, especially with smaller goats???? He said that the Buck and Does are both CAE free so I'm understanding that to mean that the kids will be CAE free. When I starting asking him about getting them dehorned, if the doe could be registered, etc. he said I've done too much reading and I'm over thinking everything! He says he sells them so cheap for 4H kids, to help them out but he sells them for that same price to anyone. And, that at that price I shouldn't be asking for/about anything. When we left last night he said he would call me today so I could go get them tonight. He hasn't called me. I could tell he wasn't happy about all my questions so I don't think he's going to call me and is probably hoping I won't call him. This man uses the same vet that I do so I know he takes good care of his animals - he just doesn't like me because I've done to much research. Should I pursue these two kids? If I don't, I very likely will not find any other goats that I can afford to buy this year.... so, I will have to wait another year (I think it will kill me :cry: but maybe that's what I need to do.). Please give me your advice on what you would do?