Need your Opinion on this doe . . .?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sonrise Farm, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
  2. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I would want a buckling-especially if he is colored like that!!!! She is gorgeous!!!

3. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    Wow ... I'm seeing spots !!! ;) Beautiful !

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    I am leaning toward buck. But looking at that udder again . . .

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Go with a buckling. A buck is the backbone of the herd and since his dam has such a nice udder she should help improve udders on your does. OMF is a really great place to get a buck, they have some awesome lines and really nice goats!

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'd say a buckling....and hope that he passes the color as well as that udder! :drool:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with everyone....................The buck :thumb:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She is beautiful - but by the time you get a kid here are you going to be able to make your money back that you put into it all?

Just a thought.... since they are way over on the otherside of the country!!

9. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Yeah???? How are you going to get it to you?? Thats a long way and shipping is expensive right?? Ive never done it -but to send a doeling to Texas from NC-uship quoted me $1400 and a 4 day travel + feeding expenses. :hair: Needless to say-she didn't buy the doeling-

10. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    With air-shipping it will probably be around $300, maybe more, maybe less...so not super bad. I would say that either a doeling for buckling would be an outstanding addition, I would go with a doe (love her '08 doeling), but seeing both of the parents, either would be really nice. A plus on getting a buckling is that you could get another buckling half price, and then shipping would still be about the same as well.

11. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    I emailed her about the price of shipping---- she hasn't emailed back yet, but I have my own carrier (normally 50 bucks) and so that takes abit of a bite out of everything. Buckling will be $400, and shipping costs at the max will be 300 . . . which I kind of doubt. I have yet to be quoted a shipping price over 250 and I have talked to alot of breeders. Hoping for the best!!!! :)

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I think a doe, although either would be nice! I love her color too :wink:

13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

it depends on what you atre looking to improve your herd with in the next couple of years, things i like about the doe: she has a pretty hed nice width between her eyes a good set to her ears, She is sharp in the withers she is very uphill. She is a very wide doe has a tone of width through the chest floor. has a very nice brisket. she is very open and has good depth through her barrel. she is very long bodied and has a good level rump. she has great width in her escutchen and a good rear attachment good deliniation to her teats. Things that i would like to see improved: she is a little short in the neck and could blend more smoothly from her neck to her shoulders. i would like to see a better rear leg set and though she has nice teats i would like to see them a little better placed. she has a good smooth foreudder but i ould like to see it more extended, i would like to see just a little better medial but its no bad at all. she has a lot of great animals behind her including tom thumb and water lilly. I think a doe out of her would be good, as for a buck it really depends on what you want to improve. Always remember that sometimes genetics click and sometimes they dont. and you wont know if they do for at least a couple years, get the best buck that you can afford as he is half of your herd.
    hope this helps
    beth

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    She is very colorful. Looks even better in person when it comes to that color. At every show I was at(that she was at)the judge always remarked on her color.

15. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
  16. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i like the height on mcnally's rear udder

17. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    Cappy if I had 650 plus shipping I would get a buckling from Flower Power too. But 400 for a buck is the most I can go. Hopefully I will be able to go back. . . I would love a doeling from Anna Jarvis or the ff Mizzi.

18. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    Shipping is 320. =).

19. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Probably because you are so far from there. I shipped a pretty large buck in from Idaho to North Carolina, it was $250 I think..

20. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    The shipping alone is 150-200. And since that is an objective, I went with most expensive, just incase. But since she wants to buy the shipping crate to make sure it's big enough, and the health certificate . . . it adds up. But still it's not bad, I think I'll be able to do it.