Need your thoughts...

Discussion in 'Goat Conformation' started by Iluvlilly!, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Honey21

Honey21 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Orangeburg sc
    The mom looks like she could have Nubian in her

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  2. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    What does everybody else think of them?

3. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    The mom to me looks like she is pretty much boer, possibly some dairy but could just be on the smaller side frame wise, or maybe very young.
    The pictures of the kids are not the best, but I’m really not seeing anything that is jumping out at me that is terrible. Going off that last picture if that is both of them Almost side by side I think the 3 teated looks to be the thicker one. I say go check them out in person. Just with the 3 teats, make sure the side that has 2 the teats are correct. You can look up ABGA teats and get a idea of what is correct and what is not. I don’t fully agree with what they now consider ok and not, but just look at the tests and think of a doe with those teats and if a kid can nurse easily.

toth boer goats and Iluvlilly! like this.
  4. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Thank you Jessica for your opinion!
    I don't think that these bucklings are what my does need, they are pretty nice looking to me but I want a really nice strong buck, and to me these aren't that. And i want 2 teats, I know 3 or 4 might be okay, but that's not what i want. Do you guy's think im making the right decision? I know in the end it's up to me. I think they would be an awesome buckling for someone else, but not for my does.

5. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Without seeing your goats only you can decide if it’s the right choice or not. I have seen way better bucks and I have seen way worse bucks. Are YOU seeing any qualities about them that would improve your herd? No judgment either way, I started out with the crap of the crap lol these bucks would have very much improved my herd when I first started. But if they are not going to improve your herd, bring something good to the table for you, then they are not for you. Keep looking. Buck shopping is probably the most frustrating thing ever, but don’t settle.

HMNS, -WBoergoats, MadHouse and 2 others like this.
  6. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    I think you’re making a good decision to keep looking. We’ve sold some awesome commercial bucks for $200-$350, so I know for a fact that you could find something near you that is affordable and closer to what you’re wanting. Just keep looking and stay positive!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Thank you for helping me understand Jessica!! And no i don't see anything in them that would improve my herd. I completely agree that buck shopping is frustrating! I value your opinion!
    Thank you Carlee!! I will try my hardest to stay positive!

CountyLineAcres and MadHouse like this.
  9. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I agree there are good deals out there, just keep your eye open. If you can hold out long enough there should be a bunch on the market after this next kidding season. I know it gets extremely cold on Wisconsin so maybe people have more spring time kids but a lot of breeders get deposits on kids before weaning, so they are pretty much already sold and most of what is left is kinda the ones that have been picked threw.
    But keep your eye out for any good looking Boers. I know your not in the market for does but if they can produce nice does they can probably produce nice bucks as well. Just shoot the seller a message saying you like their animals and to please keep you in mind for a buck kid

toth boer goats and Iluvlilly! like this.
  10. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Im not on crunch time yet lol, i will need a buck by mid October so i still have like 4 months. And it's pretty hard to find a lot for sale since i go with Craigslist, and i don't have a FB account! Thank you ALL so much for your help!! If i find another one worth looking at, i will see once what you guy's think of him!

MadHouse and Jessica84 like this.
  11. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Oh I get it. I have a love hate relationship with Facebook. On many days I would cancel my amount if it was for the how easy it is finding breeders and goats. But if you would like I can do a ISO post in a few groups and see if we can get any hits for you?

12. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Would you really do that for me? I would love that, but only if you want to of course!!

MadHouse likes this.
  13. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Yes!!! Just tell me what to say other then ISO buck in Wisconsin and I’ll post it and send you any pictures people post. Let me know what ones you like and I’ll send them a message and get a number for you. I know what all is posted on my local CL adds so I’m more then happy to help you out

14. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    :ty::ty::squish:!! What kind of details would you like?

MadHouse likes this.
  15. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Lol it’s what you want. Do you just want me to put ISO boer buck? Or is there anything specific you want. Registered? Colored? Or just a nice buck?

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  16. Noisy Bottle Babies

Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Oh lluvlilly if your anywhere near La crosse WI I could source you to a really nice breeder who has a red buckling named Willy 100% registerable for 350 I picked up his brother Wonka yesterday he might still he avaliable but if not they gave more bucklings and a mature buck for 600 100% registered whose the dad of the bucklings Willy and wonka

J4Julz, HMNS, MadHouse and 2 others like this.
  17. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Oh hopefully that is a option. Either way my offer still stands ;)

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  18. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    We live about 2 hours away from la crosse!! Does willy look like wonka? I could see that being a very good option! I will talk to my parents about driving 2 hours today lol! Thank you!!

Jessica84 and MadHouse like this.
  19. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I hope so too!! Okay thank you! I will let you know what i decide!

Jessica84 and MadHouse like this.
  20. Jessica84

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    Perfect! Just let me know :)