Need your thoughts...

Discussion in 'Goat Conformation' started by Iluvlilly!, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Noisy Bottle Babies

Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Yes Willy does look like wonka but it was a 2 hour drive for us my mom was tired after the trip but we picked up other goats as well so for you it would be about 5 hours they live in peosta Iowa

I could ask if we could transport him half way

2. Iluvlilly!

Iluvlilly! Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I just checked and it looks like Peosta Iowa is 2 hours away!! It appears to be 7 minutes close than La crosse;)

MadHouse likes this.

3. Noisy Bottle Babies

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    (dance) if you can convince them then it would be so worth it I could give you their contact info if you'd be interested

HMNS, MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  4. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Thank you so much!! I will let you know as soon as i find out!!

MadHouse and Noisy Bottle Babies like this.
  5. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Okay so Willy is still available(dance) But i am going to call him around 2 today and talk over what he has! He apparently has some dapple and traditional too!!

6. Noisy Bottle Babies

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Yea they have so many cool dudes there and their breeding bucks look amazing you should ask them for pictures of Jack he's a beast

7. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Yeah he sent them to me!! A beast for sure!!

MadHouse likes this.
  8. Angel A

Angel A Active Member

Apr 4, 2020
    North Idaho
    Iluvlilly! likes this.
  9. Angel A

Angel A Active Member

Apr 4, 2020
    North Idaho
    I think he’s a handsome looking fellow. I personally think it’s so hard to judge by parents. I have some small girls but both have produced 2 very nice looking bucklings this year. They both had a single, but we are still pleased with them! My bucks are pretty good sized boys though. Good Luck!!!

HMNS and Iluvlilly! like this.
  10. HMNS

HMNS Active Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Brown County, Ohio
    You're awesome!! :)

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  11. HMNS

HMNS Active Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Brown County, Ohio
    Hi Iluvlilly!...
    Have you considered leasing a buck(s) to breed your does rather than buying one..? Maybe even from the same place you're getting your new buckling from)..? It's a lot more affordable and has worked out great for us so far...

We have dairy does (Nigerian Dwarf) and really aren't set up to house a buck and, honestly do not plan to in the future (unless circumstances change dramatically). We are extremely fortunate to know breeders that are within a reasonable distance, that have bucks and are willing to do a "driveway breeding". When my doe goes into heat, I bring her to the buck to be bred and then we go home. So far, our does have settled on the 1st try each time.

This option gives us the opportunity to get the genetics of really good bucks that we wouldn't be able to afford to own. It also gives us several unrelated/out-cross bucks to choose from so our "keeper" doe herd is more genetically diversified rather than everyone being related.

There are reasonable bio-security criteria that are standard for any herd that need to be met on both sides such as...current NEGATIVE RESULT lab tests on all diseases for all animals involved. That's kind of the biggest concern...the rest is the basic standard of health of the doe. Is she old enough to breed, healthy...good weight, etc. The particular details are discussed and agreed upon by both parties and arrangements made prior to any breedings.

Just a thought. :)

12. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Thank you for bringing that to my attention. The thing is,#1 I could get 3 years or maybe more out of my next buck. #2 We don't have anybody near us that would lease their buck. #3 We can house bucks here!
    I really appreciate you telling me how it work though!! Maybe in the future..?:);)

MadHouse likes this.
  13. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    1593011503847 (1).jpg What do you guy's think of this guy? That pic was from awhile ago i have another WAY better pic of him now but couldn't get it onto our computer:rolleyes: He has two teats with a little stub. He weighs around 65lbs. And i think he is a really awesome buck for my herd!!!! The breeder is going to keep him for me, until we can go lookat at him and hopefully pick him up:D:D I cant wait(dance)

14. Noisy Bottle Babies

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Its kinda hard to judge them from one photo but personally to improve my does i wouldnt get him, but he has some nice qualities and if you say he will improve your herd then go for it but if you don't like him as much in person i would keep looking cause once again hard to judge by photos

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    We needed a updated pic of him to be able to help you.
    But this is what I see.

From this pic, I see:
    A lot of tailhead drop.
    Leggy.
    Small boned
    Not a lot of muscle.
    No rump
    Length short

Not sure about width.

Looks to have a good head.

So if he still looks the same but bigger, I would pass on him. :(

goatblessings and Iluvlilly! like this.
  16. Angel A

Angel A Active Member

Apr 4, 2020
    North Idaho
    I’m not trying to be discouraging but wondering...Have you seen this buck in person or are you planning to buy him based on 2 photos?
    I would think you’d need more than 2 photos to decide. Don’t be afraid to turn him down in person if he’s not what you want. You’re under no obligation.

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  17. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Im not going to buy him unless he passes on what i am looking for in a buck. And im not going to but him from just a couple photos, i will be going to look at him.

toth boer goats, MadHouse and Angel A like this.
  18. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Okay, curious mind here, I saw what you meant by the tailhead drop, but im wondering what's wrong with that?(embarrassed)
    (IMO)He isn't very leggy or small boned in the updated pic and he has a lot more muscle, but i can't tell much about the rump...

19. Iluvlilly!

Apr 6, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Okie dokie we got the pic(dance) 1594657189993.jpg

MadHouse likes this.