Needed to vent a bit ......

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Apr 17, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so irritated - you all know that the property that I live on is leased. We have a 4 year lease (2 yrs used already) and then we can renew up to 2 more times.

Well, our landlord - awesome man, has instructed us that if there are ANY for sale signs put on the property to to tear them down. Reason being is there is a huge controversy right now as the "driveway" to our house is a joint easement. Then the land veers out to the backside of our land to another "y" to about 20 lots. Well here is the issue. There are only 5 of those lots that have an easement right from our property.

Anyway, when we got back from vacation a couple days ago - we found one on a tree ON the property next to my fence and then another just a little farther back on another of our trees. It did not have a phone number - only the company name and the realators. Last night is when I found the one farther back on the property, so this afternoon I called the company looking for the guy.

They patched me through to his cell, where he had the odacity to try and get upset with me and tell me that he was "allowed" to put the signs there because it is a road ----- ahhhhh NO it is not a road. When I told him that I was upset that I came home from vacation to find his "for sale" signs on my property he asked "is that a problem". DUH - would I call if it wasn't a problem???? I told him that the land that he is trying to sell is not even accessibly from my land and he wanted to argue that with me also. What an idiot. See someone messed up and sold a bunch of land back there that was "land locked". I told him the signs have been taken down and that they were NOT to be put back up. He asked if they were set next to the tree - HECK NO they weren't they were put in the garbage. Oh that really ticked him off and really started getting an attitude. So I told he WOULD NOT be putting any other signs on my property and that was that and hung up on him - so we will see what I come home to tonight.....

Sorry - just makes me so dang mad. You move to the country to get away from the idiots

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I agree and just remind him that if he does it again you can have him sited for tresspassing, littering, and defacing private property as you will have the proof in the form of his signs.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If he tries to put up the signs again...get him for trespassing and defacing...I think that is what they call it....if it is your private easement..... :wink:

4. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Take pictures of where he posts the signs next time for proof before you take them down. Good for you for tearing him a new one :applaud:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I just called a HUGE law office here and talked with an attorney. She said that she has had run ins with that realty company office before and they are aweful and try to bend laws. So since the easements and what not are already in litigation for other things, she said to have the land lord have his attorney send a written letter to the realtor letting him know that he is NOT to be putting anything on our land.

Also she said, in not so many words, that yes, I have every right to tear them down. She was so funny. I told her that he is trying to use "road law" instead of easement law.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    way to go.....Allison... :thumbup: :cool:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    good job stepping up. :thumb: that would be rude!

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Nice job standing up for yourself! :thumb: