Needed: Wether in PA

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by SterlingAcres, Jan 26, 2010.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Because I just can't afford a new pedigree doeling right now. Noel is crying so bad and Callie won't stop picking on her. She needs a buddy or something, I don't want her to get *really* depressed over Holly's passing :(

He doesn't need to be papered, just about 10-12 weeks old so they're the same size. Does anyone have anything available? :(

2. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    Others can speak to this much better than me, but I wonder if you should give it a little bit of time for the goats to adjust to the changed situation. Our newest addition, who is almost 3 years old, took a little bit of time to bond with my other goats when we first got her, but within a few weeks, she became best buddies to my youngest ND doeling, who was only about 5 months old at the time. The two are now inseparable despite the obvious age/size difference.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I know. After I posted this, I felt like an a**. I should give her more time, I'm just worried. :(

4. kids-n-peeps

kids-n-peeps New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Virginia
    It's okay :) You are upset and that's totally understandable. When we got our two half-sisters together last year, it was just really fun and they are so sweet together; just the very idea of them being separated makes me cringe, so I totally get the bond you are talking about that they shared.

Hopefully Callie & Noel will get closer. There's no guarantee they will, but there's a chance. And if you see no improvement in the coming days/if things don't settle down, your wether idea is a good one.

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Shell......I so understand your being upset of Noel's crying and wanting to find a buddy for her......I brought home a 12 week old wether last spring to add in with my 2-1yr olds.....it did not go well, the older ones were so mean to him that I had to seperate them......so then the 12 week old just cried and cried and it totally broke my heart, so I frantically started searching for another wether his age and I found one......but it still took some time for the two 12 week olds to bond, but at almost a yr later they are so bonded, but all 4 boys are bonded now......so I wonder if I had just given it some time would I have really needed the 4th one.....oh well, I do love my 4 boys!
    I am so sorry for your loss and having to now deal with not only your own grief, but Noel's as well.

Hang in there.....