The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I grew up with cattle we had a couple Nubian but wild dogs got rid of them by the time I was old enough to remember. I'm wanting to get into Boer goats. I've got my fencing bought and 3/4 done got a large barn we use to store close to 300 round bales in every year. I'm going with woven wire and then 2 strands of hot wire one lower to keep them off the fence then one on the top strand. I've watched vet seminars and read books and been on several webpages about the health of goats and realize they are more needy than cattle but possibly more profitable too. My biggest problems coming into this is the purchasing and marketing of them. I know their are abundant ways to sell online and find them online to buy but my biggest question is how do I know what it's worth and hoh much do I sell for? I've never showed anything and would rather not. But I would like to maybe sell show and breeding stock. If anyone has any insight please help!!!

·
8,071 Posts
Is there anyone in your area that can help you? Your Extension office may have names of reputable breeders. Also, the veterinarians in your area may be able to help, too. What part of the world are you located?
Good luck with your venture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to call my extension office to check with him. I'm not aware of many breeders in this area. I live in West TN. I know of a guy that breeds in middle TN for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts