nelly

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by 5andcounting, Dec 15, 2009.

1. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    We got Nelly 5 days ago and the previous owner told us she was preggers but she is huge and now she seems to be shaking what could that mean?

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Did she give you a due date? did you get a temp? Is her udder full? Is she eating?

3. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    sorry I meant the po told us she wasn't preggers

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    So her abdominal ligaments are probably gone. It happens. Nothing to worry about. But is she eating and do you have a temp on her?

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    when you say shaking what do you mean by that? is she literally shivering or just quaking?

a normal temp is 101-103

what is your temperature outside? did you have a recent drop in temperature? does she have a winter coat?

is she eating, and drinking?

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep the first thing you need to know is her temp. That will tell us a lot.

7. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    sorry I am new to this. hang one let me see if my hubby will take her temp i am at work

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Oh I understand.

What I tell my 4H kids. If they have a goat that is not acting right at all, first thing they need to do is get a temp. That way we can decide what to do from there. Temp low the goat is treated different the a temp high.

9. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Could she be bloated?

10. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    when you say shaking what do you mean by that? is she literally shivering or just quaking? She only shakes when she is standing still and not a hard shake and it has no kind of pattern

a normal temp is 101-103

what is your temperature outside? did you have a recent drop in temperature? does she have a winter coat? No matter of fact it was in the teens here last week and today in the 40. yes she has a winter coat

is she eating, and drinking? yes she appears to be fine her temp is fine everything except the shaking