The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Usually for bacterial diarrhea. It's very hard on their stomach flora though, so afterwards use a probiotic.

·
I'm watching you
22,514 Posts
Goats don't get the cattle diseases that Triangle 5 vaccinates for. They are specific for cows.
Neomycin is used for E-coli, Salmonella, etc. These are usually young kid problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Goats don't get the cattle diseases that Triangle 5 vaccinates for. They are specific for cows.
Neomycin is used for E-coli, Salmonella, etc. These are usually young kid problems.
Ok we'll is there a kind of shot I can give my herd annually to make sure they don't pick up any kinds of stuff

·
Super Moderator
59,593 Posts
No. You just need to keep them healthy. A healthy goat with a good immune system is more than likely not going to get any of those things.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ok we'll is there a kind of shot I can give my herd annually to make sure they don't pick up any kinds of stuff
Most people give a tetanus vaccine. The C&D clostridia vaccine wears off in 3-4 months on most goats because of their metabolism and it is arguable as to it's effectiveness, but people give it anyway to be on the safe side. Karen is right though, if you keep your goats healthy, you don't need to give them any shots as they won't be contracting illnesses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts